The "buzz" or "hangover" of Lamictal when you are trying to sleep...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
The "buzz" or "hangover" of Lamictal when you are trying to sleep...

Does anyone else here feel the "buzz" or "hangover" of Lamictal when trying to sleep? I never feel it during the day. I take 200 mg in the day and usually 100 mg at night. Lately I have taken 200 mg at night too though. :soap:

Lamictal can make some people hyper vs dopey. IT could be that you are experiencing this side effect. Did your Dr jump you up 100mg at night for some reason? That is a big jump all at once...your body may get use to it over time. IF you're uncomfortable with it you should talk to your dr. though.

When I was tapering on to Lamictal, it made me a tad hyper and I had very restless sleep along with crazy dreams/nightmares. And I would wake up early in the morning and not be able to go back to sleep. Eventually though my body adjusted (and I also backed off my dose somewhat, which probably helped.)

I used to take 200 MG of Lamictal in the AM and 200 MG in the PM. The PM dose absolutely made me crazy. So, now I take the full 400 MG dose in the AM and everything is fine.

It does the opposite for me.. I'm so tired all the time. On a given day I start getting tired around 9:00 pm, and if I get up at 7:00 I'm not fully awake until at least 10:00. When I don't sleep well I feel like I've been hit by a bus or something.

Back
Top Bottom