Can this be related to seizures or?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

horsehead

New
Reaction score
I came down stairs and started cring for no reason then didn't want to be touched. I've been feeling really cold to the point where my teeth dont stop chatering and then start sweating from being hot within an hour of eachother. woke up the other night with my arm and leg in the air after a very strange feeling resulting in a scream I had no control of.
i mentioned this in another post but I thought I'd write a new post to ask the question.
Can this be related to seizures ? If not anybody have any ideas what could cause these things. This happened yesterday.

I guess no one has had this happen to them.

Sorry but i guess I'm a little sad. Maybe everything is just in my head but if it is there is no way to stop these things from happening. I'm already on an anti- depresent it hasn't stopped anything.i talked with my husband and he doesn't think seeing another neuro will help. Just spend a bunch of money again. he didn't say that,i did.
I spoke with my mom and she said I've had seizure like whatever they are since i was 9. One doc did dx me with epilepsy when I was around 13 but my parents thought he was nuts and took me off the meds cause they made me tired all the time.
Oh well thank you everyone for answering all my questions in the past. i guess I just have to live like I am and hope things dont get worse.

I am sorry I am not able to help determine if these are related to seizures or symptoms of your anti-depressant. I would encourage you to take this up with your doctor at your next appointment.

I hope you are able to get the answers you are looking for and in the meantime, take care.

I wanted to tell you that when everything began for me I would wake up with night sweats...and other times I could not get warm matter how many blankets were on me, and my teeth would literally chatter.
I would be sitting in the hospital bed and my left arm would irresistibly raise up, like I was a puppet.
I have some itty bitty lesions in my right frontal lobe which is the motor aspect of your brain I think and I chalk it up to that.
I went through 4 neurologists and 4 years of strangeness, and the last 6 months things finally became more recognizable as partial seizures. Things had to progress and get worse before I could get any help. The medical world here in Canada is a bit different though.
You however have already had a previous dx of epilepsy! Push on! Don't give up! Although I know how money can only stretch so far...but don't give up on yourself! It sometimes feels easier to be passive but don't let things slip through the cracks for too long.

Sorry this happens to you but in a way it makes me feel a little better just to know that maybe I'm not nuts.
I to have to pile blankets on me nothing can warm me up even if its hot. then I get so hot i sweat and have even put ice on myself to cool off so strange. Nothing has ever shown up on mri or eegs.Know that the strange things have picked up again I dont know what to do. My daughter said yesterday my eyes where blinking really fast and my hand was twiching. She said she was talking to me but I didn't answer her. I was unaware that anything even happened.

My daughter said yesterday my eyes where blinking really fast and my hand was twiching. She said she was talking to me but I didn't answer her. I was unaware that anything even happened.[/QUOTE]

This really sounds like a complex partial to me! My partials end like this but I am aware but can't respond. Sometimes my memory is foggy but I can hear people talking to me.
Over the years my EEGs and MRIs have been classified as normal too. Some neurologists seem to think that if your tests are normal you don't have seizures but EEGs don't pick up things happening deep within your brain and they can classify some lesions as normal even when abnormal things are happening to you. I had to see neurologist specializing in epilepsy before things changed for me.
I'm sorry things are so intense for you right now with the sweats and the chills! Sleeping must be a scary thing for you!
Whatever it is....it's real! I like to say they call it the "practice" of medicine for a reason.

I came down stairs and started cring for no reason then didn't want to be touched. I've been feeling really cold to the point where my teeth dont stop chatering and then start sweating from being hot within an hour of eachother. woke up the other night with my arm and leg in the air after a very strange feeling resulting in a scream I had no control of.
i mentioned this in another post but I thought I'd write a new post to ask the question.
Can this be related to seizures ? If not anybody have any ideas what could cause these things. This happened yesterday.

Have you had your thyroid checked or do you have hypoglycemia(low blood sugar)? Either can cause sweats and then being really cold. I have hypothyroid and diabetes along with epilepsy, so have had sweats and then suddenly cold. And being hypothyroid can cause depression as can epilepsy. Have you seen an endocrinologist (hormone dr.)?

I like to say they call it the "practice" of medicine for a reason.

This made me laugh!
When I was younger I used to have seizures where i could hear people and not respond. Those were so annoying.

I have had my thyroid checked and full blood work done. Test results have all come back normal.i haven't seen a endocrinologist yet. i do have more seizures during and right before my period. Maybe i should look in to that.

Freaky horsehead...my seizures amp it up a notch when I ovulate and the week before my period. Hormones are the worst! Estrogen is evil. LOL

LJ[QUOTE said:
-Bain;160796]My daughter said yesterday my eyes where blinking really fast and my hand was twiching. She said she was talking to me but I didn't answer her. I was unaware that anything even happened.

This really sounds like a complex partial to me! My partials end like this but I am aware but can't respond. Sometimes my memory is foggy but I can hear people talking to me.
.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I've had CP's. In a CP seizure, one still appears to be conscious but actually is semi-conscious. We are unaware that people are talking to us and usually do not remember a thing afterwards. I know I'm going into a seizure because the speech of others starts sounding like jibberish to me. That is an aura for me.

Can you guys think of anything else these things can be. Are non- seizures like this as well ? If so what can be done for them?

I have had my thyroid checked and full blood work done. Test results have all come back normal.i haven't seen a endocrinologist yet. i do have more seizures during and right before my period. Maybe i should look in to that.

I think maybe you should. Check for low blood sugar as well as your estrogen and progesterone levels. These can all mess with seizures.

I've had CP's. In a CP seizure, one still appears to be conscious but actually is semi-conscious. We are unaware that people are talking to us and usually do not remember a thing afterwards. I know I'm going into a seizure because the speech of others starts sounding like jibberish to me. That is an aura for me.[/QUOTE]

Cint...just wanted to say thanks for that. I think I only have simple partials because I am aware. The whole complex and simple thing is confusing to me.

That is what the doctors are saying they are because my video eeg showed no abnormal brain activity.

Cint...just wanted to say thanks for that. I think I only have simple partials because I am aware. The whole complex and simple thing is confusing to me.

Your welcome. It is confusing.........

I am a wreck just before and after my periods. I mean complete basketcase! I have a lot of CPs and a LOT of moods swings...way more than before I was dx'd with epilepsy. I used to see an endo a couple years back for an enlarged thyroid, might be a good idea for a check up.

Back
Top Bottom