Coping With Epilepsy Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Foundation
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

Can it save your life?

I bought the Embrace watch about a year ago. And it's an excellent product, very few complaints. Don't I really need it? It detects when you're having a tonic clonic, then you're caregiver(s), but by the time they are informed you have fallen and hit your head. I don't know...
Old 10-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,279 Times in 812 Posts
I don't know anything about the Embrace watch, but if it can detect tonic clonic seizures, I would think it could be lifesaving for someone who is at risk of status epilepticus. My wife went through a period where she would have back to back (to back to ...) tonic clonic seizures without ever fully regaining consciousness. Getting her to the ER for some IV magic was the only way to snap her out of it.
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
Old 10-22-2018, 07:09 PM

My daughter is getting one of these and although we probably won't be able to get to her in time for the seizure it's after the seizure that she's very vulnerable because she's totally confused for 45 mins or so - in the past that's when she's needed us most.

Thanks for the heads up finalpoet.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:41 AM

So what is Embrace watch? Anyone have a link to an article on it? I have seen it on internet but not really understanding it. I use Fitbit and that looked similar, that what I read made it seem totally different.