Can Sun Screen prevent seizures triggured from hot weather?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I try to wear light colored clothing and a hat because I'm really fair skinned. My family history includes skin cancer. The cancer can potentially spread, but for the most part, it doesn't do that.

I honestly think heat may be a factor whether you're indoors or outside. If you're sweating more or drinking more, it may wash meds out of your system. Some people in here drink sports drinks with the electrolytes in them (and no caffeine).

Im pretty good in protecting myself also, when u are swenglish u have to be well protected :)

I wouldn't be surprised that if you had specific concerns about the screen that Apple wouldn't deal with you directly. Perhaps you could be a "tester" of some new products. You could be on the cutting edge of a line of products for those with vision issues. However, you would definitely have to pursue them.

Both my boys have worked at Apple, and I find it to be one of the best business models we have today.

When the hot weather came last year, I did not know how hot it was. It was in the 100's. I was outside in the shade at a friend's house. My son was with me. I told him I was sick and to call his dad to come and get me.

I started having absence seizures. By the time my husband got there, I was about ready to go into tonic clonic's. When I got in the air-conditioned car, it took until I was home for a few hours for the feelings to go away. I had not used sun screen. Maybe, it was my medicines. I was in the shade.

when I'm going to be out in the heat&humidity for a long time wear sunscreen.
It doesn't matter with me though I still seize regardless.
So I stay in a/C if I can.

Belinda

I just learned that a very strong sunscreen can prevent us from getting Vitamin D. So just wear a strong sunscreen. Take a Vitamin D supplement.

Ruth

Wow, I guess you really learn something every single day. I did not know that zonegran was a sulfa drug. I am allergic to sulfa. And I have heat induced seizures. It does not matter if I am inside the house or inside. Just if it's to hot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom