Canadian Clobazam Shortage

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

chmmr

New
Reaction score
Just an FYI to my fellow Canadians that are taking clobazam that there is an unannounced clobazam shortage in Canada. I found a reference to it in Feb from Epilepsy Ontario (http://epilepsyontario.org/wp-conte...n-Rona-Ambrose_clobazam-shortage_Feb-2014.pdf ) but most of the manufacturers haven't even reported the shortage. I called my pharmacy tonight after being advised by a friend, and they confirmed the shortage and said they can't get anymore until at least May 8, 2014. I was one of the lucky ones and able to get one more month a bit early so i have some time to make a decision on what to do with my daughters doc, but we are still going to wind up weeks short :(

If you are on it, try and get some ASAP or you may be out of luck and in real trouble :(

Boy am I glad my neurologist took me off clobazam! What is it one does if they go in to get their med and are told, sorry, we don't have any until May? And you are still going to be weeks short of the med? My fingers are crossed for you!

I'm lucky. I was able to obtain 2 months today so as long as the shortage is over when it's supposed to, we will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom