can't remember if i took my meds.. what should i do?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chris515

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some advice.. I can't remember if I took my meds this morning. It just hit me.

Is it better to take a dose now, and take the change of doubling up, or just wait until my next dose this evening and take the chance of being under-medicated?

Normall I wouldn't worry too much but I had a tc last night so it makes me a bit more concerned..

Thanks!

Chris

It's about 2:45 in your time zone if i"m not mistaken.

I know that if I forget a dose I feel a sort of tingling in my limbs after going without for that long. Do you get any such symptoms & if you normally do, are you feeling any now?

Ordinarily the doctors recommend that you wait until you next scheduled dose, rather than run the risk of doubling up. But it's best if you can get confirmation from your doctor, or someone in his/her office -- can you reach anyone there?

I'm not feeling tingly in my limbs, but my limbs do feel uncomfortable. Almost like that feeling you get right before you shiver. I'm not sure that's the best word to describe it.. but I do often feel this way for the whole day after a tc so it could be that.

Even if it's best to double up instead of going without, I'm closer to my next dosage time than the one I potentially missed.

I've really got to start using a pill box..

I agree with Nakamova that you should probably wait but check with your doc.

I also agree with you, you should get a pill box. I have one that's water proof just in case.

I just called the doctors office, they told me to wait until my next dose.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Go ahead and wait, then. And be safe in the meantime -- try to relax and be mellow.

Hi All,

I need some advice.. I can't remember if I took my meds this morning. It just hit me.

Is it better to take a dose now, and take the change of doubling up, or just wait until my next dose this evening and take the chance of being under-medicated?

Normall I wouldn't worry too much but I had a tc last night so it makes me a bit more concerned..

Thanks!

Chris

it depends on what your meds are
I'm on phenytoin which I hear is harder to overdose on because of its process in the system

look them up online
some can be dangerous to up a dose
with some it is better to just wait until your next dose

I'm not feeling tingly in my limbs, but my limbs do feel uncomfortable. Almost like that feeling you get right before you shiver. I'm not sure that's the best word to describe it.. but I do often feel this way for the whole day after a tc so it could be that.

Even if it's best to double up instead of going without, I'm closer to my next dosage time than the one I potentially missed.

I've really got to start using a pill box..

a pill box worked wonders for me for my A.M. dose
I fill it up once a week, and just progressively empty it one day at a time without refilling it until the end of the week

Last edited:
okay, I don't take meds for epilepsy (yet, maybe never) but I do have trouble remembering most mornings IF I took my vitamins.

I bought a weekly vitamin thing and have a morning routine, and I use it for the day of the week, I refill it every sunday! Then I know if I remembered to take them or not.

You can buy one at any pharmacy and they are really cheap! I got mine off amazon.com for 2 dollars with free shipping. LOL (I was making a book purchase so I had them throw one of those with it)

Double Dose! Duh!!

One time i took a double dose because i took some in the morning, and later on woke up in the afternoon and took another whole dose. my head was buzzing like never before, but my doses are minimal at only 100mg - but still, 200mg made me feel buzzy -- I take tegretol and they recommend to skip till the next dose, but i'd rather be safe than sorry. i can tell when my levels are low, i get irritable and loose concentration, and it messes with my moods.

Back
Top Bottom