CBD Card

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Here's wishing all of you well. I wanted to check with you because I was told that I needed a medical marijuana card to use CBD oil which is hemp seed oil.
I applied for a new job and they are willing to hire me except I don't have a card for CBD. I live in New York. My Dr. told me I don't need the card,
do any of you know if I need a card for cbd oil (hemp seed oil). Thanks for you time and help. May God Bless All of You!

Sue

It appears as though that you are supposed to have a card to use medical marijuana, yes, but that does not mean that medical marijuana is illegal... only recreational marijuana is illegal.

I found an article at the following link which seems to spell things out in pretty simple terms:

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/qualifications-medical-marijuana-New-York

Now, this article seems to apply to marijuana, not CBD oil. So I'm not sure if there's a difference.

Hi resaebiunne,

Thanks for all of the info. I really appreciate it. I spoke with my local pharmacist and they told me I don't need one because I'm using hemp seed oil and not the full medical marijuana. It's crazy here in NY one person will tell me I need it and another person tells me I don't. I will probably end up checking with a lawyer to play it safe. Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

If what you have has THC in it, you will fail a drug test. End of story.

Even if you have a card (so do i) and the company policy is everyone takes a test, the THC will make you fail....(if whatever you have contains it).

typically, if you do not get your CBD from a dispensary, you will be fine.

If your CBD comes from a medical mj dispensary, you need to take a break from it to pass their test.

Hi gymrat827,

The CBD I use has only 1-2% of THC the rest is all CBD oil which I get from a company that sends it in the mail. I found out today that a local store sells it so I may check that out also.
Thanks for your help and time. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

if you will be taking a drug test.....Id stop this stuff for a bit.

1-2% thc will still make you fail.

Back
Top Bottom