Changing temperatures before/after seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
When I went to bed last night, I was sweating like crazy. About 10 minutes later I had a seizure. After I came to my senses, I was freezing. I had asked my girlfriend if she had turned the heat up/down and she said she didn't touch anything.

Has anyone experienced a drastic change in temperature after having a seizure?

Yes, you do spike a fever right before going into a seizure. I have a dog who can sense when a seizure is coming on and wake me up (mine always happen when I'm asleep). I think he is reacting to the change in my body temperature.
You were probably feeling freezing afterwards because of the sweat drying.

After every seizure I have my body temperature spikes, I cannot bare how hot I get.

Back
Top Bottom