chichichichia seeds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
I got some chia seeds at the store and have been adding them to various things - they're a great source of fiber, omega3s, niacin, something something
it's a little pricy but it seems to last a while
it feels healthy to eat it. it's tiny chia seeds, and ex. mixing a couple tbsp into milk and it will seem to activate the seed carapace or whatnot... it's very refreshing
worth a try

and these things like vitamins and fats and minerals - you've gotta try this stuff if you're taking brain meds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_hispanica

Nutrient content and public interest
Seeds, chia seeds, dried
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy 486 kcal (2,030 kJ)
Carbohydrates 42.12 g
- Dietary fiber 34.4 g
Fat 30.74 g
- saturated 3.330
- monounsaturated 2.309
- polyunsaturated 23.665
Protein 16.54 g
Vitamin A equiv. 54 μg (7%)
Thiamine (vit. B1) 0.620 mg (54%)
Riboflavin (vit. B2) 0.170 mg (14%)
Niacin (vit. B3) 8.830 mg (59%)
Vitamin C 1.6 mg (2%)
Vitamin E 0.50 mg (3%)
Calcium 631 mg (63%)
Iron 7.72 mg (59%)
Magnesium 335 mg (94%)
Phosphorus 860 mg (123%)
Potassium 407 mg (9%)
Sodium 16 mg (1%)
Zinc 4.58 mg (48%)
Percentages are relative to
US recommendations for adults.
Source: USDA Nutrient Database
According to the USDA, a one ounce (28 gram) serving of chia seeds contains 9 grams of fat, 5 milligrams of sodium, 11 grams of dietary fiber and 4 grams of protein. The seeds also have 18% of the recommended daily intake of calcium, 27% phosphorus and 30% manganese,[8] similar in nutrient content to other edible seeds such as flax or sesame.[9][10] Although preliminary research indicates potential for dietary health benefits, this work remains sparse and inconclusive.[11]

I put them into smoothies or onto salads, and if I made bread I would add them to the dough or sprinkle them on top. They're like poppyseeds.

never heard of them but will keep eye out for them...what i been doing is having clove of garlic once to three times a day wash down with milk...it takes some doing but has helped my infection

they're pretty good in a flavorless way - sort of effervescent in a way when they're served mixed with liquid

I've been wanting to try Chia seeds for ages now. They're suppose to be extremely good for you.

i'm going to sound like a total idiot here... but are they the 'chia pet' seeds used to grow the little plants?

Back
Top Bottom