Cluster seizures - anybody?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

masterjen

New
Reaction score
I have tonic seizures that manifest as simple partial and complex partial seizures, always at night. Sometimes I can have one in a night, or as many as 4 in one night either in a row or spread over 4-5 hours. Do any of you have clusters like this? How common are they?

My seizures cluster. even this morning I had 2 in a 5 minute time span. Last weekend I had 4-5 I tend to lose count after 2. My seizures last 30 seconds to a minute and are partial seizures. On really bad days the doctor has given me Lorazepam to help calm them down and keep me out of the ER. I only take one if I have more than 1 seizure in an hours time. Lorazepam is a benzopine and very addictive. I have 10 if I take more than 10 in 30 days then they wont refill the prescription. 9 times out of 10 even when I should take one I generally don't because of how they make me feel.

When I was first diagnosed with epilepsy, 10 years ago, I was having on average 3 to 5 seizures a week. Sometimes I'd have 1 a day, 2 or more a day spread out over a few hours or I'd have one then another one (or more) a few minutes right after it.

Now I have about 3 to 5 seizures a month and they still will happen the same way. Recently I had one in the am then 2 only a few minutes apart in the evening.

I get the simple-partial version of status epilepticus. Every one of my simple-partial seizures lasts anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. I get motor seizures and I could go for 4 hours with my leg constantly shaking. There's a name for it but I forgot what it is.

I used to have cluster CP's every month before I had the lobectomy. I would have 3-5 a day for 4-5 days in a row. Then they would dissipate until the next month. But after the lobectomy, the seizures changed from CP's to more TC's. About 1 every couple of months.

I get them at least every week, but lately with this infection I'vehad them every day for the last few weeks. I get all sorts of seizures... hopefully I have enough that I roll out of bed as the impact of the fall knocks me out of it. XD

I'm never sure, but often I'll be shaking on the bed and i shake so violently that I fall off the bed. But it's only when I wake up on the floor it's over. Perhaps I'm knocked out and that's why?
I don't know - seizures are so confusing.
:crying:

ive been suffering with clusters of tonic-clonic seizure for quitte a few months now while they have been messing with me medication .... i can have any where from 1-5 tonic clonic seizures within a 30 min time span ... but half way through that time span the pararmedics (emts) have been called and have administered diazepam

ive just gotten out of hospital yesterday and i was on a intravenous drip of a drug called phenytoin cause my seizures were getting out of controll so badly :( sad times

but we have to all be fighters and not let epilepsy get us down :(

Had another cluster last night, about 4 or 5. Two were full body tonic (Left limbs and whole torso) and the others were only left limbs. This is frustrating because I just underwent a medication increase 3 weeks ago. The previous increase helped so that seizure nights (not all cluster nights) became every 4-6 nights instead of 2-3 nights, but the last 3 seizure nights since the more recent increase have been every 2-3 again. The only bonus to the increase is that the post-seizure effects seem not as bad in that I at least feel up to being out of bed for a little while and my concentration is not as diminished.

I feel badly that there are others out there who also have clusters, but it is nice to know there are others who understand what they're like.

I have tonic seizures that manifest as simple partial and complex partial seizures, always at night. Sometimes I can have one in a night, or as many as 4 in one night either in a row or spread over 4-5 hours. Do any of you have clusters like this? How common are they?
I have had them to with my new Dr I have them about every 5 days I have about 4 to 5 sometimes more or less seizures. I was seizure free for about 15 years I was on depacote my mycoline she took me of mycoline and was in hospital for 5 days and in the rehab for 3 month's I wish dr would put me back on it to control my seizures i was on this meds for years now she wants me to get the V.N.S I heard and read that the device is dangerous.

Hi masterjen,

Every month I will have 1-2 days of cluster seizures that will happen either in the morning or later afternoon. My Epileptologist told me it was all do to hormones changing. I have found that since I started the cbd oil the clusters aren't so bad and the seizures don't last as long. I have both absence and complex partial. If you are interested try using the cbd oil and see if that helps. My Dr. was the one who wanted me on it. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I get the simple-partial version of status epilepticus. Every one of my simple-partial seizures lasts anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. I get motor seizures and I could go for 4 hours with my leg constantly shaking. There's a name for it but I forgot what it is.
My SPs are the same way, they just go on and on, sometimes for a day or more, in waves, until I am totally exhausted and worn out. I get to the point that I forget how to write and can't even remember how to spell my name.

Back
Top Bottom