Concussion?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

googly389

New
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here has had any experiences with concussions before on a personal basis. The reason being is because at work today I was stooped down moving a box down a conveyor belt and stood up rather quickly and got a nasty bump on top of my head by an overhead metal bar.

The bump Didn't knock me unconscious, I didn't see stars, didn't slur my words but I was sort of dumbfounded for a second, jarred and a little dazed. Didn't last no more than five minutes but I had a slight sensation of nausea too. I was also sure of my surroundings and today's date.

Still! That was the hardest hit I ever took on top of my noggin and now I got a huge red knot lol! I hate to whine and be paranoid but I just don't want to further aggravate my condition! After all, I took a hit in the side of my head pretty badly the day before my single grand mal, but I do remember a ringing in my ears then...

I don't have experience myself, but as my boys were being boys...they took some nasty hits in the head. Family doc always told me if they weren't knock out, I should still keep an eye on them for the 24 hours following a nasty hit on the head. Do you live with someone else that can keep an eye on you?

I don't have experience myself, but as my boys were being boys...they took some nasty hits in the head. Family doc always told me if they weren't knock out, I should still keep an eye on them for the 24 hours following a nasty hit on the head. Do you live with someone else that can keep an eye on you?

Oh yea, still live at home. I was tired after the hit but I always am since I work in the early morning hours. I took a nap as usual and was still a little sleepy, but this afternoon I was up and going; driving all over town and running errands. My cognition never seemed to suffer and I never had trouble keeping my thoughts in order.

I had a bad whack to the face once (slid 30ft down a mountain and broke my fall with my face on a boulder)

I felt really out of sorts for about a day afterwards and was vomiting an awful lot. I agree with jgb - you should see if there's someone to keep an eye on you.

Last edited:
I have to

heartily agree with the others. Given the E, and the whack on the head, have someone keep an eye on you, PLEASE!

Thanks for the support people. Now that I've taken my mind off of it a little I feel a whole lot better.

Yes, I would stay awake for a while. at least 8 hours. If you lose conciousness for any amount of time (even 2 seconds) it is considered a concussion. Vomiting is also a sign of concussion.

7 concussions, all years before i developed epilepsy.

got hit by a truck on my motorcycle,
wrestled and did karate for most of my life,
and gave pro-wrestling a try, I don't have the personality for it.
and bicycle racing

Back
Top Bottom