Confusing Morning

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Ok, ideas please. It is 5:46am and I am still having big problems focusing. Been about 3 hours now. Sleep in my chair, apnea, kept waking up not able to move, very confused thoughts racing, felt like wasn't breathing but would gasp. Then I guess would black out(?) wake up again same way. did this at least 5 times maybe. Can't concentrate. Sorry if I'm not making sense. Muscles kind of sore, more legs, headache.

Seizure(s)? No Idea of convulsions, chair isn't broken nothing knocked of my table. Got out of my chair and took my tegratol and a diazapam. just not focusing.

Any chance that you took an extra dose of meds by mistake? That and/or dehydration and/or low blood sugar can cause or contribute to the symptoms you are experiencing. Make sure to drink water and get some food into your system. You may have had a seizure, or what you are experiencing may be warning signs/auras for a seizure. Is there someone who can be with you to help see what may be going on?

Ok, That really did not make sense did it?

I would wake up, unable to move, but my left eye would open, I could see around just couldn't move. My body was like a board, but felt twitchy. And then blank and it would happen again, not sure how often or how much time between events. I know the time frame from start to finish cause my face was facing the direction of the clock.

I am still sore, just like a TC and mostly my legs. Massive headache. Gonna research TC seizures and see if there are always violent convulsions or not. Can you be conscious during one? I never have before.

Any chance that you took an extra dose of meds by mistake? That and/or dehydration and/or low blood sugar can cause or contribute to the symptoms you are experiencing. Make sure to drink water and get some food into your system. You may have had a seizure, or what you are experiencing may be warning signs/auras for a seizure. Is there someone who can be with you to help see what may be going on?

My wife was asleep on the couch not even three feet away and she didn't move a muscle. All my other seizures wake the whole house it seems. My wife and I just talked, we are going to time my meds so I take them the same time every morning and night. I take 800mg Tegretol a day, 400 in the morning and another 400 at night. Do this for a week and see if my "spells" and/or this event continue/occur again.

Will start trying more fluids and food. I've had episodes of Hypo(? low)glycemia before, but not for more than 4 or 5 years now.

By definition you lose consciousness during a tonic-clonic, but there are other kinds of seizures or auras where you are awake, so maybe that's what's going on with you. It's also possible you had a seizure during the night with just the tonic (muscle-tensing) phase, and that's why you're sore.

I hope you feel better soon -- I know that headache, it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom