coping with dental appt's

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Do any of you have any allergies/sensitivities to things used during fillings or root canals? I'm sensitive to epinephrine & lidocaine puts me into a semi coma which is weird. I'm terrified of dentist. The first time I went to the dentist as a child I woke up drenched in perspiration after being given an injection to numb my tooth. That may have been my first seizure or allergic reaction, not sure which. Do you take a sedative or extra seizure meds before a dental appointment? Thanks.

Hi loopeyloo, I'm Loopy Lou! :p

I don't know what injections my dentist uses but sometimes it causes me to shake all over, like a violent shivering. I have to go wait in the sitting room til it passes, which normally takes about 5-10 mins. Mind you, this is after I've had quite a few shots so perhaps its a shock thing.

Thanks for reply Loopy Lou. What you describe is similar to what I experience from the epinephrine in the numbing shots. I also get irregular heartbeat or arrythmias from it. I always ask for the injections without epinephrine.

Back
Top Bottom