Cravings AFTER seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Does anyone else have major cravings after a massive seizure? I always want ice cream and ice tea NO MATTER what- I am seriously nauseated by everything else. It seems weird and hard on the waistline.:p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I could be low blood sugar! My goes low after I have one. Ice cream sounds good! You have had a hard day you should have some. Just a little! LOL!

Oh if we don't have any- my hubby runs out as soon as its safe and gets it. I have been eating greek yogurt with fruit at night lately and tonight there was no way lol. Went with Skinny Cow Sandwiches- or two lol

You can't go wrong with Skinny Cow! It sounds like hubby is very supportive that is great! Mine I just got him to take me everywhere now. We are closer because of it. I even have him going into the store with me now since the lights bother me. He has not done that in 13 yrs.

I thought it was just me, I feel sick after a seizure and just want to sleep, after the sleep all I want is a glass of milk and custard cream biscuits.

Interesting! After my last massive seizure, I didn't want anything, but I think that's because my anti-seizure med was also an appetite suppressant (which ended up being problematic). I agree that low blood sugar may be behind some of the cravings mentioned above, but it could also be just wanting some comfort food...

Interesting. When I came to in the hospital everything made me nauseas, I drank water and ate ice until they finally let me go.

This last time, after Hubby put me in bed (which meant spending an hour to 90 min on the floor, scooting to the sofa and sitting there until I felt I could walk...another 90 minutes) he went out for food and milk. When he got home I had a big chocolate milk and went right back to sleep.

Charging Bird I have had to have chocolate milk myself. Maybe blood sugar/protein something?

I feel sick UNLESS its ice cream. The mere thought and smell of BBQ chicken last night for example made me awful nauseous but Ice cream was bliss. Also eating nothing after ativan usually really makes me sick

I don't know if my blood sugar is low before my seizures, I haven't had enough to make that connection. But, my first couple were after a stressful day that included not eating. My last one was right after I got up.

I have no doubt whatsoever that after a TC my body needs sugar. But I'm too tired to pay attention to ice cream. lol

amy uses the bathroom alot , i have noticed that . never made a conection before, until i read something about ketones. is this something to mention when back at the doctors

I am a sugar junkie when I seem to crash. I was never fond of candy/ice cream until the seizures were more prominent. I used to love salty foods, now I can't bear them.

I havnt had any cravings after a seizure. Im always tired, and sleepy after a seizure.

Back
Top Bottom