Crazy dance parties and other stuff to do when you're feeling shocking

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kirsten

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm hoping we can make a good, interesting list of stuff we've found that really works to make us feel better when we're feeling really ill.

So I'll start: Crazy one track dance party in the lounge (thanks, Grey's Anatomy)--if it's wild enough to make you dizzy, even better. This is my favourite crazy dance party song, because when I'm too sick to have a dance party, watching it makes me smile cos they're having so much fun and the backing vocalist with the guitar is sexy as hell:

Watching Dara o Briain on Youtube (or watching Eddie Izzard DVDs yet again.)

Well...that's all I have actually. Clearly I need some help. Oh, and new submissions for crazy dance party tracks are also welcome.

The only thing that makes me feel better when I'm really feeling ill is SLEEP. Don't need lots of LOUD noise to make me feel better!

I feel much better with these types:

[ame="http://youtu.be/lOQrfLFDUKY"]http://youtu.be/lOQrfLFDUKY[/ame]

Shoo, Cint. This track is amazing. Right up my alley. I'll be looking out for Sun. .

Vintage AbFab makes me giggle:

When I'm feeling wild I like to dance naked (or dressed like a dominatrix) and sing/yell like TARZAN!!! (to crazy techno music :D)

AAAAAAAAAuhhhAAAuhAuhhhAAAuhAAAAAAAAAaaa!!!!!!!!! (welcome to the jungle ;))

Last edited:
Okay grammar nazi I know what you need ;)

No but seriously...I like to dance and sing and all that good stuff...

One of my favorite sayings that I live by goes a little something like this...

"Life is a song...Music is my life" ("dance" to it :))

I agree. On sunday night I had dug myself into a very deep hole. I was feeling horrible emotionally and physically, like I couldn't take it for another moment. Then that track I posted came on and I couldn't help myself--crazy dance party time. And it snapped me out of it, at least emotionally. I have to do stuff like that sometimes these days, otherwise I'll go crazy. Music is a must.

OMG YES!!! MUSIC IS A MUST!!! IT'S LIKE "OXYGEN"!!! YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!! (well yeah you can but you wouldn't be living...merely existing lol)

but seriously...you do whatever you need to do to "keep yourself on track"...

we got an Xbox recently with the Kinect and love playing those games you can dance and move around with...hey it's a fun way to keep your body/mind active...

or when I'm not doing that...I'll make my own music or "dance"/sing to someone else's...just do something you love cuz as the saying goes..."IF YOU DON'T ENJOY WHAT YOU'RE DOING...DON'T DO IT :)

Last edited:
Lol I've never played that...I've just watched people play it...I tend to not play games that are super hyped up...I dunno it's weird for me...it's just a turn off...I don't want to play a game that everyone else has already violated to hell and back (I'm picky but sometimes I just need to "suck it up" grrr)...I like games nobody has ever heard of...but I'm slowly "coming out of the shadows" and learning to try new things...when we bought the Xbox 360 (new) at Gamestop it came with Batman: Arkham City (which I absolutely love) and Darksiders 2 (haven't played that one yet because I just recently bought the first one and I must say it's got me "hooked" lol

My wife doesn't play the "controller games"...she doesn't like those (never has)...but I do...

Other games I have are:

Resident Evil - Revelations (yes I'm a die hard Resident Evil fan :D)
Turok (another great game series)

Kinect Games:

Star Wars
Just Dance 4
Harry Potter

Haven't played Harry Potter yet though...my wife has...I need to though...go wave my wand around :D

Okaaay...you DON'T like hyped up games AND you like Resident Evil. Riiight...

Well, to fit in with your sensibilities, you could always play Oblivion The Elder Scrolls, which everyone has forgotten about by now.

When I'm feeling wild I like to dance naked (or dressed like a dominatrix) and sing/yell like TARZAN!!! (to crazy techno music :D)

AAAAAAAAAuhhhAAAuhAuhhhAAAuhAAAAAAAAAaaa!!!!!!!!! (welcome to the jungle ;))

You owe me a new k/B - morning coffee everywhere :p

He didn't tell you to dance naked dressed like a dominatrix to crazy techno music WHILE carrying coffee. Let Banana demonstrate:

:banana:

Okaaay...you DON'T like hyped up games AND you like Resident Evil. Riiight...

Well, to fit in with your sensibilities, you could always play Oblivion The Elder Scrolls, which everyone has forgotten about by now.

You missed my point silly...I just like to play games that I like to play...for whatever reason that may be...

and fyi RESIDENT EVIL IS DA BOMB! so :pfft:

Back
Top Bottom