dentistry odors

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
If you are sensitive to glues or other odors used in dentistry how do you manage to get a tooth crowned or a root canal when they use toxic materials. They use bleach in RC & glues or resins in crowns. Do you wear a mask during that part of the procedure? I have become very fearful of dentist offices since I had a seizure from exposure to glues. Thanks.

Have you actually had problems with the dentist? I've read about many claims of how certain things the dentist uses are toxic but I've always found those claims to be disproven.

I know I can be sensitive to various toxins but I just got a crown put on 5 days ago on Thurs. & the only problem I had was that the temporary crown that they put on for a week first irritated my gums a bit but there was no problem with it effecting my seizures. A month before that I had a root canal & there were no substances containing anything toxic that I am aware of.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've had a problem with the odors in dental procedures before. Maybe I'm just hypersensitive to odors. The root canal maybe the worst because they clean the tooth with sodium hypochlorite (sp?) which is bleach. They use glue & resin in crowns. One dentist I went to told me I would have to wear a mask while the crown was being glued.
I'm glad you don't have a problem with dentist. Going to the dentist is very stressful to me & then wondering if everything they do to me is going to cause me to seizure is almost more than I can handle.

Back
Top Bottom