Depakote to Depakote ER

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mom2tripp

New
Reaction score
Has anyone gone from regular depakote to depakote er..I am thinking this would be better for Tripp. I have read there are less side effects with the ER.

Sorry, no experience here. Stacy was a complete zombie on Depakote and will likely never try it again.

I have no experience with Depakote ER, either. My daughter takes the sprinkle capsules of depakote since she can't swallow pills yet. Even with the capsules sprinkled on pudding or ice cream she chews for about 30 seconds before she will swallow. ( I am 98% certain that her chewing them makes a difference in how it works, yet her Dr. doesn't want her to have the liquid) I don't think she'll be able to in the near future either. She gags trying to swallow a mini M&M.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom