Dexamethasone pills .5/steriod shots

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Do steriods lower your threshold for seziures? I was given an eeg as a child and I was shown to be abnormal...parents did nothing and no seziures, just a lifetime of sinking feelings that something was going to happen. 20 years ago I was hit in the temple with a full unopened can of beer and I was again given an eeg and it was showen to be abnormal. Nothing was done due to funds. I was diag. with diabetes exercise controlled and put on dexamethasone pills for pcos and during a bout with an ear infection I was given a shot in the rump to clear up my hearing loss. I think during that time I had multiple seziures but I am not sure because I was alone. I have loss of time and had panic attacks (though I kept them to myself), I was on the dexamethasone and then my drug company could not get me my meds on time so I went without it. That combined with a long run left me on the side of the road confused and scared... Has anyone had this happen or know where I can find out more info? thanks

Hi jesusisonthefountain ....
I don't know anything about dexamethasone but if you're concerned about seizures (and I know how serious that is and how scary it can be) I suggest you make an appointment with a neurologist and tell him/her what you've told us.
The first step will 'probably' be another EEG.
I'll be wishing you luck and hoping we hear from you again soon.

Thanks Nancy, as you can see from my user name, you know what my "episode" was about. Scary yes, God was mad at me.... no kidding....wrath! I am still scared after all this time.

Welcome...
I don't know anything about steroid shots... only have heard negative reporting in general.
Perhaps you might be a good candidate for dietary intervention. It has been shown to help with diabetes, and to clear any intestinal issues after antibiotic intervention. Something to consider I would think.
Fear never helped with the disorder, so I am learning.

Back
Top Bottom