Diagnosed at last

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

angie2312

New
Reaction score
Hi all

just wanted to let you know today I recieved a call from my neurologist who told me that he had just recieved the results from my EEG and they captured a seizure !!!! I am relieved to say the least that I might finally get to feel better !!! I have been put on to lagitimol and have been told there are very rarely side effects to this drug ... Does anyone have any experience of this ???

Thank you all so much for all your advice and kind words after my many posts asking the many questions

Andrea x x x x

Do you

mean Lamitrogine??????? That's the generic for Lamictal......I'm on that right now, and doing quite well on it.....

Glad to know that you have an answer, even if it IS getting the answer of E.... :paperbag:

Congrats Andrea. Hopefully the EEG will help the neuro find a good treatment regimen for you.

Hi, I am on Lamictal/Lamotirigine, and my dr too told me that there is very little side effects. But he knows nothing about E. I have already noticed hair loss, and vivid dreams. Also breathing issues that I have to discuss with him in a month.

Just be wary when taking it to see if ANYTHING changes.

Hi Andrea --

I'm on Lamictal too. In general it's supposed to be fairly tolerable, but it affects everyone differently, and the side effects can change as your body adjusts to it. Keep track of how you feel on it and check in with your doctor if there's anything that worries you or makes you feel uncomfortable.

Its seems strange to congratulate some one for knowing that they have Epilepsy but having confirmed seizures does help put your mind a rest a little. I know it helped me to have DR's finally recognize I had a real medical issue. Good luck to you and take good care of yourself.

I just started Lamictal three days ago. So far, no weird side-effects or anything. I don't notice much of anything- probably bec its so low at 25mg.
I take it with Keppra XR 3000mg and Tegretol XR 600mg but I will be stopping Tegretol over the next two months..
I have not noticed anything negative so far with Lamictal.

I know how you feel about EEGs showing results. My AEEG showed seizures and spike and wave and photic driving responce.
It was not fun wearing it to school/college for two days- I didnt think it would show anything since most of my EEGs were pretty normal beside driving responce and slower than normal speed.

It surprised me to hear my neuro tell me this- but at the same time it was good to have documentation of events that happened during my day.
My new neuro told me that my seizures are coming from the left side since my right side and arm get weaker after a seizure- I just thougt it was a muscle problem.
Also I found out I have migraines and migraines connected to seizures afterwards. Really no fun at all.

I go for new MRI and EEG soon.

Hope med changes work out well for you. Take care
Crystal

It is I suppose a strange thing to be congratulating your right but I feel like celebrating right now . It's been a long tiring road to diagnosis . My neurologist told me he wasn't convinced I was having seizures and instead thought i was having some sort of fainting type episodes so it's a huge relief to feel that I am believed now . I am also being booked in to hospital for a 5 day Video EEG ... I have no idea what this is and it feels a little weird going in to hospital for 5 whole days when I am not Ill that's for sure .

Thank you for all your responses I think your all wonderful and don't know what I would have done without this forum

Much love to you all x x.

I did mean to congratulate you too, I don't think it came out right. As for the 5 day, its not bad. It actually felt like a vacation for me. 5 days no cooking or cleaning and best of all total control of the remote control. They were able to get 3 seizures on EEG and video that week and lots of inter ictal activity. It confirmed that it was all coming from one spot and staying focalized. All good info my stay was part of a pre surgical requirement but not always. They can gather a lot of info during that stay. Take something that you love to do, I sketched everyday something I hadn't done in years and sadly haven't done since.

Back
Top Bottom