Coping With Epilepsy Medikidz Comic Book Explains Epilepsy
Sponsored Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

Send a message via MSN to cool1984

Brain diary for E!?

hi i'm caroline call me caz i been here for a long time i'm having a few prolims i'm keep any diary for my E but what some adive on what to write i wont to write what need to be put down.

some ideas would be good

thanks
cazzie
Old 03-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator / Super Mom

Send a message via Yahoo to RobinN
Hi Caz
What is working for me these days is a calendar that I print out. I print about 6 at a time and staple them together. I have a code, which for my daughter usually means tonic clonic for tonic clonic. I put the time, I put the length of the seizure. I lay a band of green over the event with colored pencil.

For the days she is on her period, I use a red pencil and lay lines over the dates. I write anything that is different during this time in the margins of the calendar.

She uses bio-identical progesterone so I put a dot when she is using it morning and night. It helps me to see if there are days that she forgets to use it.

I write at the bottom of the month what vitamins and minerals she is taking. I make a note of any increases or decreases that occur. On the days that she forgets to take morning or night supplements, I make a good attempt to make note when these were forgotten. There are somenights she falls asleep before she takes them. Occasionally I will wake her,and I think that when she has had good control, nothing we are doing has been forgotten or left out.

I make notes of emotional meltdowns. I note good days, food infractions (since she is on a strict neutritional plan). Of course I am not 100% reliable on making my notes, but it sure does help me to see areas that we might improve.

I hope that helps you to understand how I do it. Ask questions if I wasn't clear.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

Send a message via MSN to cool1984
thats very clear i write minly how i feel headc tiyed what time i take meds if i hd to sleep in the day time. if my arms or legs shake. i just feel i'm not getting anoher down.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator / Super Mom

Send a message via Yahoo to RobinN
What about diet? Do you consider how this can possibly be contributing to your "events"?
Have you figured out any other triggers?
Do you take any supplements that you might be deficient in?
Old 03-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,298 Times in 820 Posts
just write down the basic facts as best you can
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?