diet

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

huskymom

New
Reaction score
Morning all!

I have a husband who is always trying to find the best way to help me with my seizures. I know, he is great! Anyway, do any of you use any special diets or avoid a particular food group? I really don't think food is a trigger for me, but he was curious and wanted me to ask. I think mine are mostly due to increased activity and lack of sleep.

Thanks!

You might want to start by checking out the Member Groups here -- there are groups for at least 4 different diets that have impacted people's seizures/overall health.

Huskymom - I don't think one has to look at food necessarily as being a trigger. Though some do report such a connection. When I speak about "diet" I am talking about nutrition. It is the health of your intestinal tract, and the quality of the nutritients that you eat, that affect the numerous organs and thus the causes of the seizures themselves. Seizures are only a symptom.

I am not speaking of every case of Epilepsy, though if you are not eating a nutrious range of foods, then you will never know if it might be helpful.

It is not an overnight "fix", but it is a lifelong approach to health in general. In fact, many Chinese doctors look at the health of the tongue as a way to see the over all health of the "system". As with any nutritional plan, it is a lifelong change, and in my opinion, one worth making.

My daughter is med free and 5 months seizure free. Her health continues to improve.

Back
Top Bottom