Difficulty describing?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have had many, many different types of seizures, off and on, my whole life. The "Best" ones, IMO, are the ones that you can fully describe...to the Nth extent. If it is witnessed, it is even better. My problem is that many of mine happen when I am alone and even when someone is here to witness them, it is not easy for me to describe the "coming out of it" feeling.

A key is example has been the past 36 hours, or so. My "normal" seizure is difficult to desribe because it is rarely a tonic clonic and if noone is there to see it, it is hard to describe it to them...if I remember it at all.

Ok, so here is the thing. My wife and I came back, from Zhong Guo, about 40 hours ago. Shanghai is exactly 12 hours ahead of us so our night is their day and vice versa. When we got home, around 1:00 a.m. Sunday night, we tried to go right to sleep and TRY to get back to our home time zone ASAP.

I had a tonic clonic, on my couch, at around 3:00 p.m. Monday, after only sleeping on and off during the aforementioned time period. When I came back around, from that seizure, I was at my "normal" state, for that type of instance. Later, about 1:00 a.m. last night, I had another tonic-clonic in bed, while sleeping fairly well.

Every since then, I have not been able to sleep. Ok, now for the interesting part. Most of the time, when I come back around from a TC, I am dizzy and confused for anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour and then come back around and am tired, with sore muscles, for the rest of the day....not really that bad compared to what some here experience.

But, last night, I had a form of TC, that is not my norm. I still feel very confused and not on this planet, or anywhere in this solar system, for that matter. It is not something that is easy to describe. It is not just some easy to describe affliction like dizziness, nausea, sore muscles, headache, etc. although that is the norm, for my TC's. It is extremely hard to describe to my doctors and especially my friends and family that have never had a seizure themselves.

It is like I am in another body....literally. I can think someone else's thoughts, etc. and see myself from their eyes...really. It is a very mental thing and not something "physical" that I can just describe to my doctor.

Has anyone else had anything close to this? How did describe it? How long did it last? Were there any "quirky" affects? etc., etc.

Sounds like what many people describe with seizures in the temporal lobe.

OMG! I looked up the definition of TLE and it was, almost, my EXACT history!

Except for the part about the Herpes virus, everything was almost an exact documented history of my life!

Shoot, I have to find my earlier doctors and investigate this.

Back
Top Bottom