disability

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Athena22

New
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. they were really helpful.
#.~

Last edited:
Athena,
SSI is not a form of welfare.People aren't on SSI because they want to be.

I was on SSI for years and I take offense to that I wasn't able to work and I wasn't able to work and never ha ve been able to because of my seizures.

There are all forms of seizures brought on by all kinds of things.You sound like you just like putting people down.

there is more one kind of sz I can have absence,tonice clonic,genalized,partials nothings controls my seizures 100% I may go 1 month a few days a few weeks I never know mine change all the time you need to get with realit.

Woah, Belinda. That was just a copied and pasted post taken from Yahoo.

Athena,
SSI is not a form of welfare.People aren't on SSI because they want to be.

I was on SSI for years and I take offense to that I wasn't able to work and I wasn't able to work and never ha ve been able to because of my seizures.

There are all forms of seizures brought on by all kinds of things.You sound like you just like putting people down.

there is more one kind of sz I can have absence,tonice clonic,genalized,partials nothings controls my seizures 100% I may go 1 month a few days a few weeks I never know mine change all the time you need to get with realit.

I know there different kinds.. I asked a question from yahoo questions about disability and epilepsy and this was one of the answers I was given I'm sorry if it had upset you.

Kirsten,
I've always been one to say what's on my mind and I'm not about to stop.
I'm not saying you shouldn't say what's on your mind. Just saying that this
You sound like you just like putting people down.
doesn't apply--the original post was a copy and paste from Yahoo, and not anything Athena wrote herself.

We're all human beings here, and we all deserve to be treated with respect. We are all just trying to navigate our way through an often difficult and confusing world as we cope with seizures and all the associated ramifications.
It is easy to say things the wrong way sometimes when we share our feelings and concerns especially without the benefit of face-to-face communication, but I don't think any of us does it with malicious intent.
I believe we also have to give some allowance to the younger crowd on the forum. A lot of us are well into adulthood, and I get the feeling many of us judge what the younger members have written, and how they have written, as though they are much older than they are. So to the seasoned adults here: how would you want adults to respond if it were your child posting on a forum like this. Food for thought.

Last edited:
It's the way you ask the questions poor me like know one has it bad like me.

If it were my child having seizures I would have taught that person not to feel sorry for themselves and just because your young doesn't excuse everyrthing you say.
I know what it was like to have seizures as a young person because I've always had seizures in my life.

Belinda, The whole point of this site is so that people like us (including Athena22) can have a safe & comfortable place to express feelings, thoughts & emotions to others who are more likely to understand or have gone through the same things. No matter how you might perceive Athena22, it is very possible (I'd say likely) that someone else is benefiting from her posts, even if it's just knowing someone else is feeling/thinking the same things. I do hope your actions haven't discouraged her from posting or expressing herself.

It is OK to disagree with people but we do not attack other members here, even if they rub us the wrong way.

Please read the sites guidelines and take special note where it says
This forum is not a place to air greivances, attack, insult or upset people. Disagreements should be handled civilly and diplomatically. Thank you.
and
The House Style is simple really - we regard this place as an open house where we host an open door party. Anyone can come in and be a welcome guest here. We have hosts (moderators) who try to help you settle in, feel comfortable, etc. We expect all guests to treat other guests with respect. To disagree with each other is a good thing, as it presents different perspectives to a discussion. Just disagree respectfully.

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f21/lets-not-bicker-argue-about-who-killed-who-514/

I stalked Epileric and managed to grab this photograph while hanging from the torch on The Statue of Liberty:

super-einstein_zpscf44de5b.jpg

Last edited:
I've been attached in this forum by people who thought they knew it all when I had explained my sitauation to them a dozen times.

Belinda, please report any attacks or abuse to the moderating team and we will address it same as we are doing here. Let's treat others the way we would like to be treated. Thanks.

Do we have people we don't get along with on here?.......absolutely
I try to help who I can and have learned to temper my brash tell people what I think attitude. (does not always work)
Now to the Yahoo thing, it is a messed up commentary that was pasted in but step back and think. Are there people who take advantage and take money when they don't deserve? Yes and those people make it harder for those that need the help.

Athena - you find some crazy stuff in the world but at CWE there is always someone that has been where you are or close enough to talk about it. We are all just trying to help each other. No matter how much my family cares and wants to help, only the collective group here get's it.

Belinda - I have gone after someone and almost got thrown out. Athena was not attacking you and you could have just left the thread alone. PM me if you want to yell at me for my post anytime, I encourage it because we all have to blow up at someone. I do get what you are saying but you are on that fine line and I am sorry people attacked you.

Back
Top Bottom