Do ALL you exercise?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Azusa

New
Reaction score
My doctor said
Missing your medicine
Insuffient sleep
No exercise

Can cause seizures well I didn't know about the last two especially exercising, which is out of the question for me :p

So to the people mostly that have NOT had one in a long time do you exercise?

My doctor said
Missing your medicine
Insuffient sleep
No exercise
can cause seizures.

I didn't know about the last two especially exercising,
Not getting enough sleep has always been a trigger for my seizures along with stress.

I do a lot of walking which I really enjoy because it keeps me semi fit & is the time when I think about things. I usually try to do a 30min - 1 hour walk each day but haven't been doing a lot of walking lately.

I was going to the gym once a week for a while but stopped going last year after I got some causal work & didn't have the time to get to the gym.

The first 2 absolutely. Over the last year I lost 56lbs and it has helped immensely but that was diet not exercise. It made the seizures reduce and helped me do more.

I mainly walk for my exercise. Other health problems & costs prevent me for doing other forms of exercise right now.

I plan to start bike riding when I can. But that is on hold until I can purchase a tadpole recumbent bicycle. Because of health reasons a tradition bicycle wouldn't be safe or comfortable for me to ride.

I'm a walker too -- about 5 miles a day, 4-5 days a week (if the weather's good).
In the summer, I try and swim on the weekends, and very occasionally play tennis.

I also walk and bike ride, weather permitting, so lately I haven't been doing either. But now that spring is on it's way back I plan to start again. Exercise is good for a person's mental health, so I DO need the exercise, despite seizures. I've had TC's while out walking on several occasions. Once 911 was called. I recovered and life goes on.................

I just came across this little piece about the importance of exercise:

Things to Do Now to Lower Your Risk of Dementia Later

Exercise
Put on those running shoes and get moving! Turns out that the recommendation from the American Heart Association to take 10,000 steps a day isn't just good for your heart: It's good for your mind as well. A study published this winter in the Annals of Internal Medicine* found that participants who exercised in their middle age could reduce their risk of later developing dementia.

Kick Back
Take your pick: Maybe it's yoga, or meditation, or the New York Times crossword puzzle. Do whatever makes you feel connected and engaged. A growing body of research suggests that leisurely activities that keep you busy-body and mind-help decrease your risk of cognitive decline. Relaxing fun now, health later. Not bad, eh?

Yeah I usually feel like I've gotten a good workout after one

Lol that's funny:agree::roflmao:

also the last time I can remember actually "exercising" was when I walked to HS every day and if you disregard that, its probably in 10th grade when your forced to do PE. :noevil:

Once 911 was called. I recovered and life goes on.................
I've had quite a few partial seizures while out walking.
I also once had an ambulance be called while I was walking down the street, I lost 3 hours of that day & what happened is really sketchy so not even sure if the seizure I had was a tonic clonic or a bad complex partial.

not at all, yet at one time in my life i needed to lose alot of weight so started walking 7 nights a week and changed my diet 100%. lost 120 pounds then plateaud as they say, then over the last 9 years maybe lost another 15. lol gained that back tho, damn wine!!
interesting you bring it up tho b/c i've never put the two together. the weight loss took place over 11 months and it was not long after i started exercising that my grand mals started. so...... lol....... i guess for me in regards to E exercise is NOT the answer. yay!!!

Weight training and cardio on an elliptical. I have to be cautious because overreaching can lead to nocturnal.seizures for me. Before developing seizures 3 years ago I was heavy into working out and it is only in the past year I've been getting back into it.

Exercise is so important to me. It may only be walking at the moment (used to ride when I had horses, and need to get back into my weekly pilates and konga) but I always feel better when I'm active, and I sleep better.

I want to get back into something more vigorous but at the moment working and studying is keeping me busy. At least working involves mopping and vacuuming the whole shop, and being on my feet constantly. Hopefully it balances out the time I spend sitting in lectures and at my computer working on assignments.

I don't care at all for it since I'm at a perfect wait already :)

exercise can help remove toxins in your body through sweat and other biochemical processes
it gets more blood accessing muscles, and the brain, and everywhere

I have been biking lately and I just feel better
exercise is good for you!
walking is even better than running

Back
Top Bottom