Do u remember life before seizures....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks Janus, it's certainly a gob-smacker at dinner parties lol I kind of wandered off a bit with it towards the end- it was the regaining memory part of it that caused me to post it here...

I'm sure 'Her Maj' would argue about there being no kingdom :p and yes England is the biggest part of it so that's what it usually means, but I like to a) recognise that England is just a part of a whole, b) refer to myself as a citizen of the UK instead of a subject of GB, and c) be vague with my location on forums ;)

My support has been truely wonderfull- really couldn't ask for more, but medical care? lol the NHS is truely pathetic..

Having said that, my GP/doc has done much more for me than he's expected to because he's actually a friend as well as my doc, but the neurologists? meh - for most of my condition I haven't even been registered with one. I've learnt much more about my condition from here in 1 year than 20 or so of so-called NHS care :)

I'm not bitter about it, that's the way it is if you can't afford private care here.

I found it true that time heals. It just gets better as you go when doing what you can to hasten recovery.

You've hit the nail on the head there- much more succinctly than my rambling post lol

Last edited:
I remember it clearly I could still go abroad to the likes of Disney World and Amsterdam, I could go to the cinema with ny hubby and stepsons which I can't do now as I'm audio sensitive and I was only diagnosed nearly 9 months ago. I miss not being able to have a bath on my own or cook on my own, I'm struggling to go out on my own as I fall a lot so unfortunatly for me it's had a huge impact on my life.

I remember it, i have the benefit of the fact I used to have a detailed website, and i have a copy of it on my computer. i have lots of pictures to. they help a lot. plus a lot of my friends wanted to help me after I lost a chunk of memory. (I lost about 5 years of memory after I developed epilepsy, very sexy so I was was really lost there for a bit) but everyone help I have notes and what came back, and what people told me. the perks of lots of friends.

Back
Top Bottom