Do you feel tired a lot of the time?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Wobblez

New
Reaction score
Does your epilepsy make you feel tired/less than 100% even on the days that you haven't had a seizure to (your knowledge)? I had Glandular Fever in 2006 and I often wonder if it's that reoccurring or if the epilepsy is the main cause. Bit of both maybe?

I used to often get tired but I'm sure that was more to do with the epilepsy meds I was on. I was on Neurontin for 1 year but the whole time I was on it I was constantly tired, used to have to have a sleep most days & still went to bed early.
I don't get too tried any more but I still have my days where I can feel really tired but I usually just put that down to either being busy or if I think I had a bad night sleep.

Wobblez - I'm not sure how you cope with the Aussie summer but for me when we have the warmer nights I find it more difficult to sleep & always sleep a lot better if the nights are cooler.

Hi CQ,

Yep, the Aussie summers are a killer but the heat doesn't worry me too much. I know the medication can also make you tired but it does seem worse in the weeks that I have more auras. My question is more, can the seizures make you feel tired over a period of days or is it usually just immediately after the seizure?

I used to often feel tired just after a seizure but it used to depend on how bad the seizure I had was as to if I was still tired days after.
I am also sure I used to have partial seizures in my sleep because some mornings I would wake up feeling really tired like I hadn't gotten any sleep & just not 100% for the rest of that day.

Since Tegretol was added to my Keppra I've been sleeping an awful lot. I'm rarely awake for more than 7 or 8 hours at the most. I've tried pushing past my tiredness but end up stumbling and falling over or just falling asleep where I'm sitting. It's like my head goes fuzzy and arms and legs go really heavy. I think I'll take sleeping too much over the total insomnia I had whilst on Vimpat though. Its like from one extreme to another haha!

I usually take a nap in the afternoon, if I don't get it then the next day I'm pretty tired.

Also usually when I have a seizure I pass out. Depending on how bad the seizure was I might sleep the rest of the day then most of the next day too.

On Tegretol and Clonazepam... always tired... well I brighten up 6pm- midnight.
Morning nap, afternoon nap and sometimes an early evening nap Zzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Tired always, even no matter when I sleep or wake up, frustrating actually, whats the point in going to bed early and getting up on time?

Ha, nope, how people act around me, just lazy eh Laurie? What the heck do I tell them? Once again, sorry, have a medical condition and take pills, lets trade!

LOL brilliant comeback Screamy!!

Thanks C0urt, I do wonder sometimes but the more I read on this site, the more I can relate to. If only epilepsy wasn't so hard to diagnose 100%. We should just have an EEG and have a big purple blob show up. Wouldn't that be easier!

I slept from 7pm last night and got up in time to set off for work at 8am this morning :O I actually feel like I may manage to stay awake today!

LOL brilliant comeback Screamy!!

Thanks C0urt, I do wonder sometimes but the more I read on this site, the more I can relate to. If only epilepsy wasn't so hard to diagnose 100%. We should just have an EEG and have a big purple blob show up. Wouldn't that be easier!

nah, if it were easy, it wouldn't be any fun.

lol that's true. Maybe we're all just so awesome, our brains keep exploding...

We are all awesome! Especially with all these explosions, I know regulars are soooooo jealous!

Back
Top Bottom