do you have trouble remembering things?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Oh boy- the memory issue. Residual of T/C's and medication. Short term, long term, directionally challenged. I get paranoid having conversations when I am at a loss for words or thoughts, and I get the goofy look from people. Stress exacerbates this, my circuits get over loaded, and my coping ability takes a time out. So, I retreat, or I get busy. Boredom makes me just as stressed as chaos. I hate my brain sometimes!

yeah, ive noticed that memory loss is worse when im bored too, and when im going into detail, i always get about halfway through and kind of have to retrace my steps and think about what ive been saying so that i can rmember what else to say

I have good days, and bad days. Sometimes due to seizures, sometimes not. I wonder why?????

Most of yesterday and today has been a good day! Hooray!

yeah same here, after i have a fit im really bad for about a day, but i have days were i feel like im floating around too, you know, not actually doing stuff. its like one huge absence sometimes.

My short term, as well as my long term memory is SHOT (I think that the long term is worse)... as often, I cant remember entire periods of my life! People, places, experiences, dates, etc. I found that keeping notes helps me as well (if I remember where I put them) LOL. I have started putting post-it notes of things to do on the fridge, pull them off when they are done. That seems to help with my "to do list".

I am having memory problems. I often have no idea what the last 10 seconds of a conversation were. I have also had episodes where I am intimate with my husband and don't remember it. It's very strange. I am glad that I finally have a possible lead as to what it might be.

It's only words that escape when I need them.
:agree:
Except I also have trouble with memory. Example: at work and the boss says "These are our three points" I walk out of her office and I have no idea what they were. And, to make matters worse, when she does ask me about what I was doing, even when I remember, words escape me.

Sigh. Motorcycle. Someday. Though not in the next year; I had a spate of rolling complex partials this evening.

short term memory, medication impact

Hi,
My short term became difficult at times and word recall was pretty bad on most days...went to a new Neuro after a grand-mal (was considered a 'break through seizure', have always had complex). He is a well respected epilepsy neuro, got lucky he is nearby! The first thing he said re: my dose of Lamictal was he was suprised my ST memory was functioning at all....he reduced the dosage and added another med. Was very reluctant to do this as seizures have been pretty well controlled by Lamictal...but GLAD I did, ST memory and word recall has been much better! When it does happen, very infrequently now, I assume it is seizure related. Just a thought in case meds might be impacting you as well....

Lower dose of Lamictal not a bad idea if you can afford to reduce it and replace with another back up med.

Back
Top Bottom