Do you talk to yourself?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CathyAnn31

Big Smile
Reaction score
I've just become aware that I talk to myself.

For instance, I'll be out shopping and say out loud, "I don't think this one will work, let me try this one". Or , " That driver just tried to run me over", or "Hmmm I'm hungry, what should I eat today?" etc.

I don't recall ever doing it before my seizures or my meds.

Anyone else talk to themselves? Or am I the only one?

Atleast lots of folks use those bluetooth thingys now so no one really seems to notice. :p

:loco:

:roflmao:

All the time! I thought I was the only one... :)

Good point about the bluetooth things Cathy Ann. Has anyone seen the commercial where the guys is in the store, talking with someone on bluetooth, telling his friend that he is being robbed in a business deal? Then the clerk sprays him with mace or something... lol

Without thinking about it, when I read this tread I said out loud - I do talk to myself.

I do talk to myself all the time but more so at home, out loud, than in public. I used to think that others would think I was some kind of psycho if they saw me talking out loud to myself, but not so much anymore with all the new technology like bluetooth. It seems like everywhere you go people are talking.

On going joke in my house, "Of course I talk to myself, its the only way to have an intelligent conversation around here"

On going joke in my house, "Of course I talk to myself, its the only way to have an intelligent conversation around here"

:roflmao: Too funny.

Glad to know it's not just me. :D

I seem to be doing it more and more. And funny thing- I only notice it when I'm out. :lol:

I don't think I've seen that commercial Chris, what's it for do you remember? Or is your memory shot like mine is? :p

I dont talk to myself, but I do have conversations in my head when I need to work out something. Like instead of going through pros and cons in point form, I think about as if I am talking to someone and what their response would be.

I do work with a guy who talks and argues out loud with nobody around to argue with. he also swears randomly out (not like tourettes but more like he realized he screwed something up)

CathyAnn - my memory is totally shot as well! lol! I can't remember what it was for. Nothing new for me, I forget a lot of things...

Rae - I went to school with a guy like that. Every time something went wrong in an assignment or something he'd be having a conversation with himself and swearing a lot.

All. The. Time. Entire conversations with facial expressions too. I seem to have just enough awareness to keep the volume low, but not enough to actually stop blurting things out.

Ditto the

talking to myself AND the conversations in my head. Usually at the same time, or alternating. It can be pretty confusing some days......:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

lol CathyAnne... sure you aren't really Kim (currently appearing in I'm a Celebrity) who is famous for talking to inanimate objects such as bras, knickers and other paraphenalia? lol

Yes... I also talk to myself (both in my head and out loud)... and been rumbled a few times. :noevil: I never thought of using the bluetooth thingy...! Might have to consider it :pfft:

I do, too. I 'talk' to my dog when we go for a walk. It's incredible how many problems we can solve in a nice refreshing stress busting walk.

I do it all the time!! Sometimes I have half the conversation in my head, then the other half out aloud. Or ask myself questions then answer them. I run a fashion store and sometimes my customers give me weird looks. My team are used to it. Apparently I pull faces too. They have names for different faces I pull haha.

I talk to myself. I talk to my dog. It's one long running narrative of the more mundane parts of my life. All the tiny little words about all the tiny little things I do every day. It really goes on and on and on.... They should record it and sell it as a sleep aid....

(see, you're falling asleep right now, aren't you?)

Back
Top Bottom