Does anyone have SPs that feel like this?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mamaruns

New
Reaction score
I get these odd sensations quite often that I honestly don't know if they're very small SPs, some type of weird migraine, or if it's fibro-related. It feels like a sudden pressure, like something squeezing my brain, but there's no pain. It usually lasts for about 20-30 seconds and sometimes comes on in spurts. I feel strange, it's hard to describe...but other than that, I have no other signs of aura.

Does anyone else with partials get this feeling? It drives me crazy not really knowing what it is.

I have odd sensations when I have not taken my magnesium regularly. I had migraines for 30 years. After a doctor suggested ionic magnesium, I have not had one in over 2 years. Sometimes I get lazy and don't take the mineral regularly and I feel strange.

It has also been found to be useful in some seizure patterns.

just FYI

I take a supplement that's very high in magnesium/malic acid, but I've never heard of ionic magnesium. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

That is right, I remember you mentioning that now. I did a search to learn more about malic acid, and I don't understand why it is included in your magnesium supplement. Do you know why?

On days when my seizures are overly active I might get a light "headache" that comes & goes throughout the day. It is different though because it's a constant pressure rather than a throbbing one. A neuro once told me years ago that they were neurological headaches.

I don't get them often but had them yesterday & the day before so the sensation is still fresh in my brain :zacepi:

I've never had them as small as only 20-30 seconds though.

I am interested to know how a neurological headache differs from a migraine, and a classic headache. Sounds like a little mumbo jumbo to me. Another label.... certainly not a symptom that is suppose to occur.

:bigmouth: "Hey medical professional lets find out what is causing these instead of giving it a name so we can throw some meds at it".

Headache

1374e181.jpg

Cool pic, needed a proper thread! What a fitting place Headaches!

That is right, I remember you mentioning that now. I did a search to learn more about malic acid, and I don't understand why it is included in your magnesium supplement. Do you know why?

Actually it's more for the fibromyalgia, something about the magnesium/malic acid combination that's supposed to help ease muscle fatigue.

Cool pic, Birdbomb.....and very fitting!

I am interested to know how a neurological headache differs from a migraine, and a classic headache. Sounds like a little mumbo jumbo to me. Another label.... certainly not a symptom that is suppose to occur.

:bigmouth: "Hey medical professional lets find out what is causing these instead of giving it a name so we can throw some meds at it".

:agree: That was my reaction to the neuro too. I still have to wonder what these pressure headaches are as opposed to the throbbing ones.

Also great picture Birdbomb

Mamaruns, I've got to talk to a friend who has fibromyalgia. I'll ask if she has/had any sort of sensation in the head like yours.

I just got off the phone with her & she says that since she was diagnosed with Fibromyalia she gets headaches that don't throb that sometimes lasted a day or 2 but nothing like what you described, sorry

Yeah I get a lot of those headaches too. Thanks for asking your friend for me. :)

No telling what that sensation is, I think it's either seizure or migraine related, as it seems to worsen with hormonal changes. Maybe one of these days they'll do an EEG on me while they happen, that way I know for sure. In the meantime, I'll be more diligent in taking my magnesium supplements and see if that doesn't make a difference.

Love that pic Birdy!

:clap:

==================

HEADACHES:

Can result from allergies to migraines
to yadda, yadda, yadda.

END RESULT:

Major PITA <--- Pain in the A$$!

Back
Top Bottom