Does anyone know if they have seizures at night?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lonewolf

New
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know if they have seizures at night? I know I do because I've woke up shaking or biting the side of my mouth. Probably the worst was when I'll gasp for breath. That's always scared me having seizures at night.

Yes I have had them. I knew because the aura before the the grand mal always entered my dream then I'd wake up with my shoulder out of place and feeling like I ran a marathon. Yes they are freaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you spoken to your Neurologist about this? He/She may be able to figure out the cause. Mine alway came after stressful days when I was not taking my medication correctly. I unfortunately had to figure this out on my own because I didn't even have a proper Dr then.

That I have and just like you I had to figure it out on my own as well. I do take the medication correctly but I do get stressed out at times.

Stress can be a beast. I usually deal with it by listening to lots of loud rock music specifically metal or doing stuff that has nothing to do with what I'm stressing about.

Stress is really a pain. I like to try and beat it with humor though and that does work.

Heck yeah a good laugh goes a long way.

Well that's far better than taking a nude walk in the hall way and scaring old ladies like I once did after a real nasty seizure.

I've done something similar to that. I spilled coffee on my pants so I'm half out of it and half back and I start getting nude because I was wet from the coffee. Then my roommates come downstairs from all the commotion to find me sitting in the chair nude.

If I wake up with head ache or blood I not account for..The worse that happened week ago I woke up feeling something urgent next thing I on the floor and two broken ribs to show for it.now I not sure if that e or just falling knocking myself out or bit of everything all I remember it was about 2am I screaming with pain everything blank after that until 5hours afterlater.
I tend to listen to rock music mainly David bowie or those binal beats it may help if you try binal beats plenty on YouTube.
as terry says stress big bummer.my doc put me on cloberzam for that very reason and it has helped..It is horrible but you can't do anything so just accept it may or may not happen try to run with it..Can you get sleeping eeg or have Meds looked at again.?.my son says my sleep hygiene is bad I have tv on Or radio but if I don't I get agitated.Go to bed when tired iif you still well awake then you are going to lay there and worry vicious circle

It's easy to laugh at that kinda stuff later but just after it happens I just can't

I did but I have managed to get my seizures under control

When something embarrassing happens I can laugh at it as I've learned to do that for years. When I think about it say years later it really cracks me up. I kicked a bath tub once and my seizures shut off my nerves so I didn't feel anything until my nerves came back then it hurt.

Seagull? That's a term I have never heard

I was talking about the person named "seagull". Scroll up and you will see it.

Back
Top Bottom