Dr. Didn't know what it was?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
I went to my doctor not my neruro one, but my Gp and she asked how my seizures have been and I told her only 2 so far this month. Then she asked about if I had any side effects and I said no. For some weird reason we got on moods and for some reason I brought up Keppra rage. She didn't know what it was. She said she was going to Google it.
I kinda feel stupid now. I didn't know she didn't know about Keppra rage.

Thats odd. My GP knows about Kepprage. Ive been on Keppra for 14 years now, but Id at least think that a GP would be familiar with the side effects of Keppra. Mostly the kepprage being the most common one. Don't feel stupid. If anything, I would have been in shock if my GP didnt know about the kepprage!

Not all GPs have the time to get up to speed on epilepsy meds -- that's why they send you to a neurologist...

Yeah, my GP knows some very basic things about epilepsy and some bits about drug interactions, but very little about the drugs themselves and has to refer pretty much everything onto the neurologist or epilepsy nurse.

I would be shocked if my GP did know about keppra side effects.

It was GP back in 2003 that got into a mess, she told me she could take as good care of my seizures as a Neur. , Being that I had to get rides to Neur. dr. I said OK. After 8months of her, I told her to referr me to a Neru. She didn't,t want to but I insisted.

my gp doesnt know crap about ep meds she keeps bringing out books everytime i talk about the side effects... i defo not mention kepprarage lol

Back
Top Bottom