dreaming about seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cherriuz

New
Reaction score
So. I have started to dream about me having seizures at upcoming outings i am going to be attending. And its really putting me off going to anything, because then its constantly on my mind the whole time. Im currently 2 months seizure free, which is my longest yet, thanks to lamotrigine.
Could this be my over worrying about this situation (as its all new to me) coming out?
Could it be the letter from my neuro giving me a diagnosis via letter so i have not had chance to talk to her about it playing on my mind?
These are what i possibly think.
its driving me bonkers :(

I've had dreams about having a seizure. No fun! And no fair for epilepsy anxiety to invade our dreams!

Believe it or not, you can influence the content of your dreams, though it can take some practice. Before you go to sleep, try concentrating on what you do want to dream about. (It could be "vacation in Paris" or "coconut almond chip ice cream" or "a purring kitten" -- whatever makes you happy). Write it down on a piece of paper, and visualize it. Sweet Dreams!

That sounds no good to have dreams about having them. Dreams seem to hit me hard, even knowing they aren't real they can put out of serious anxiety. That's awesome that you have went an extended period of time, congrats on that. I would definently look into some dream control, or kind of medication before sleep. Best of luck and I hope you can never have to deal with another seizure again.

I took the advice on the dream changing. and it seriously worked. first Time in a while I have had a good nights sleep! thank you so very much!

Back
Top Bottom