"Drop Siezures" or passing out, anyone know?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This is actually just grabbed my attention too. Here's why:

My fiance has an 18 year old sister. A while ago she "fainted". She had been feeling strange all day and then went upstairs only to find that her dad had cut his foot really really bad and had bled all over the place and was wraping his foot. But she is nornally okay with blood and is planning on becoming a ultasound technician.

So anyway her mum decided to go get her checked out because she made a gutteral noise as she fell and then lyed there with her eyes wide and rolled back slightly, stiff as a board and her fingers and head twitching. *sounds like a Tonic to me now*

Then just this week she called her mum in tears because she found herself feeling strange again and then just "dropped" out of nowhere in the shower. Luckily she managed to have her head outside the tub, and didnt know how long she had been there for when she woke up. *sounds like another one*

She then had severe vertigo afterwards for 4 or 5 days. So bad that she felt like fainting all the time and the doctor gave her an Rx for sea sickness.
What does this sound like to you guys? *FYI, they gave her an EEG at the hospital when they took her in the first time but it was normal. which I learned doesnt rukle anyhting out*
should I tell her to go get this checked out? or not worry her or scare her unless this happens again?

Sorry i'm done hijacking now....

It sounds to me like she needs to see a neuro. So far as I know, motion sickness doesn't cause a person to drop and twitch.

I would mention it, and get it dealt with sooner rather than later.

Hi Rae, it sounds like epilepsy to me.

An EEG always turns out normal, unless you are having a seizure during it. Have a VEEG done. That will show up for certain.

Have her referred to a neurologist.

Have you done any research into Meniere's Disease? It can cause severe vertigo, drop attacks, etc....

Hi,

I read your post and can relate somewhat. I too have drop attacks. Many, many drop attacks with my complex partial seizures when they turn into grand mals. I have felt dizzy on many occasions but not for days. I just hired him recently and have only seen him once in his office and once while having my VEEG. He put on my paperwork possible seizures or synoscope. To be honest, my symptoms sound more like seizures that a hear condition but I know how you feel about being scared out of your wits if it is a heart condition. My family doctor saw my seizures and she told me that they are infact seizures but of course, I have to have all the tests first before my neuro will say the final word.

Good luck to you and where there is a will there is a way.

tam bam

Back
Top Bottom