Dum things people say to you when you're uncontrolled

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I love that you don't assume that others don't know you agree with yourself.

Hey if it gets the job done (makes you laugh) that's all that really matters...right? YEP :D

Yep. And it'll become funnier the more often you do it. I'm sure you've learned the technique already, though.

and my dear it's called "internal reflection"...you should try it sometime...let somebody else be your eyes (and ears and nose and mouth and well you get the picture...the BIG picture :eek:)

Huh? That one went buzzing all the way over my head and landed downstairs in the flowers.

Yep. And it'll become funnier the more often you do it. I'm sure you've learned the technique already, though.

It will become funnier because you say it will...how interesting how that frame of mind works...all I have to do is make you laugh by typing a few random letters here and there and VOILA! :D

No, that I laugh more the second time, and more the third time, and even more the forth time, is an evidence based fact. Ask Eddie Izzard. He knows.

you laugh more but you actually laugh less...a cycle of predictable outcomes has become a maelstrom of perpetual motion...tumbling to the farthest reaches of the closest universe...

anyway were off to see the wizard!

I mean go grab some donuts at the shop (brb)

okay well I'm back...got the same donuts as last time...one glazed blueberry...one chocolate with rainbow sprinkles...only had one for now...saving the other for later...

so I had some actual food after my donut...a chicken leg quarter with a big handful of kale... *burp* excuse me...now I'm about to down it with a glass of water (I love water)

but anyway...I'm going to conclude my comments in this thread (sorry Kirsten but I don't want to appear as though I am "trolling your thread"...even though you might like that...since you love trolls so much ;)) so I am going to finish off in here by saying...

people...

what...

are...

you...

gonna...

do???

In a few hours I have a doctors appointment so I am preparing my "social tolerance" by "meditating" (not medicating)...let's bring those ugly butterflies to a good place and make them pretty :)

"You look fine"

Are you sure you're gonna be ok in the bathroom by yourself

I hate the "why don't you drive? ... too many DUIs?" I can't/don't even drink! Or even better, "_______ has seizures too and they drive; why don't you?" Gee, what meds are they on ... how long have they been seizure free ... mine are uncontrolled ... do you want to be near my moving car when I am not there?

Or even better, "_______ has seizures too and they drive; why don't you?"
Yep. This is one of the worst. I've heard it so many times. And it's not always enough to say your epilepsy hasn't been controlled long enough, because they'll know someone who knows someone who has uncontrolled epilepsy and still drives. And somehow they think that person is making a more responsible decision by driving than you are by not driving. Why do people get so accusatory about not driving anyway?

What about people who say, 'You should ask for help'.

When I wasn't driving, I had friends (most of them former now) drive past me and my son walking in the rain to school, and wave at me waiting at the bus stop as they drove past. The one time I got my husband to ask a friend to take us to school and work she said, 'No worries, get them to walk around to our place and we'll go from here' (a half hour walk in the rain to her place). Thanks for nothin.

I can only say it just made more more independent (reclusive, introverted) and stronger, and I agree, I detest the sort of rubbish people put on FB which means absolutely nothing. The only people I really see are my clients (I'm a psychologist) and believe me, they are some of the sanest people I know.

Yes Mr E it is very dangerous out there. I was attacked by a magpie (bird) the first day I walked the hour trip to school/work. I screamed at the sky, 'ANYTHING ELSE?????'

I've heard it I don't know how many times why don't , and people know about my uncontrolled seizures. I remember one woman who's doctor was letting her drive when she was phasing out she had his permission
A few weeks later she ended up in Emory having a VEEG but she stopped driving when hers got worse phasing out luckily never had a seizure while driving.

Back
Top Bottom