EEG Results

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi,

My husband's eeg results came back today and it was reported that "sharp waves were present on either temporal region? Does anyone know what this means? The doctor has also now booked him in for a sleep deprived eeg does anyone know why this test is being done if eeg has already shown these waves?

Any answers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Penny

One of the reasons for a sleep deprived EEG is that sleep deprivation is one thing that doctors can do to induce a full blown seizure, I have had a number of these throughout my life, a couple of times when they kept me in for a week in order to monitor me under camera and try to capture a large number of seizures.

Sounds like they found abnormal activity, but didn't record a full blown seizure. They are hoping to get a seizure recorded now.

Back
Top Bottom