eeg results not understood

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bookie123

New
Reaction score
Hello. My daughter has been having regular seizures since Nov/2014 and I just received the report from her EEG and I do not have a clue what it means and I am hoping someone can help me so I do not lose my mind waiting to see her newly appointed Neurologist at a seizure clinic.

EEG report
Classification: Dysrhythmia grade IV right occipital posterior temporal spikes. Delta Grade II Bioccipital

Report: Alpha - none
Delta - 1.5 - 3 hertz, high voltage, arrhythmic, bioccipital, persistent; small amount, generalized
Theta - 4 - 6 hertz, medium-high voltage, semi-rhythmic to rhythmic, generalized, moderate amount
Spikes - Frequent, medium voltage at O2 spreading at times to T6
Sleep - symmetrical V-waves and spindles with no additional activation
EKG - sinus rhythm
HV - not done
Photic - no effect

Clinical Interpretation:
Frequent right occipital spikes suggest seizure origin from that area. Background slowing in the posterior head could reflect recent seizure activity, but a mild generalized encephalopathy cannot be ruled out. A follow up recording would be of interest in that regard.

If someone can help me understand what this means it would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom