effects of meds male mid 30's

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Wellbutrin 3000mg day keppra what are some sexual side effects and mood changes if any one is in this catagory please express your various changes and effects with me. Thank you for any input you have

Everyone reacts differently to their medication. Look on the insert which you should have got with the medication and it should say on there.

Probably most epilepsy medications have a side effect of making a person feel depressed, which could affect libido.

Hi again loopy u seem to have all the ans. Its all just so overwheling and so many ans to the same question most confusing of all the ans are right we just hope to find a happy middle for us both in support for my partner and knowledge for me

Nope, i really don't have any answers lol. I just hang around on the internet an awful lot :p

R u married if so how does ur spouse handle things I need to be a little stronger for my partner I think

Nah, resolutely single here.

I suppose people just find what works for them, and don't let epilepsy take over. I'm sort of dating at the moment, i just don't make a big thing of the epilepsy. There are many people here who have spouses etc.

The best way to find out how your partner is feeling, and to understand how she/he is coping is to ask them.

I have and goes back meds u don't mind I get a little more personal do you not graphic just adult conversation iam trying hard to understand more

I'm probably not the best person to ask about that specifically, if i'm honest.

Ok thanks you just seem to be the only one folling and responding to me I getting despirate to learn more. After a episode how do thinh its takes u to get back to normal my partner seems to never really be ok I guess that is the depression side of things we are about 10 months into this all so still some what new

Hi. I am not sure if it is Keppra, and/or Lamictal. It may not even be the medicine of epilepsy itself...I think I have a stronger desire for sex. I believe I am unable to barely get an erection. I am single and 45 years young. I do please myself when able.

In my

case, my tonic clonics, take me forever to recover from. I sleep 18 to 24 hours, and then the mental issues are just not fully there for days, or so it seems to me. Granted, my seizures are under great control now--I haven't had a t/c in over 7 years now, and trust me, I am ever so grateful for that.

All of the different types of seizures that I have--and I have 4--are nocturnal at this point. But I also take 4 seizure meds. I don't take any anti-depressants, but I do work hard to stay positive. I go for walks, read, do plenty of free-lance writing. And I help out here. :)

I am married, but in the process of a divorce. That's not because of the E, but because a large number of other reasons. And it's all good, really. The stress from being in the marriage is slowly disappearing, and I feel like things are getting better every day.

Take care.

Meetz
:rock:

As someone already mentioned the effects from one med really depend on the person. I've taken meds that are supposed to cause sexual problems and I never had an issue. While I've taken others they say aren't supposed to cause any issues that way, and I lost all desire.

I can tell you that Keppra gives me issues, even though the docs say it shouldn't cause an problems sexually. So, you really have to go by your own experience and if it is not working for you, and you are still able to have good seizure control, then look at changing drugs until you find one that causes less side effects for you.

None of the med options will be perfect, but you really have to listen to your body and be your own advocate with your doctors regardless what they say a drug should or shouldn't do to you side effect-wise.

Back
Top Bottom