Elevated GGT

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Sandie

New
Reaction score
HI everyone. I have been a bit slack lately and not been keeping up with what is going on on the forum so I just thought I'd spend a moment and let you all know I am ok. Haven't had much in the way of seizures over the last couple of weeks so I am hoping that it is finally settling down. I am on 1000mg Tegretol a day now and I think it is now having a positive effect. I am concerned though about my Liver function. The normal count is under 35 and my count is now 231 and my liver is slightly enlarged. Each time I have a blood test it is higher than the last and I am actually improving my lifestyle so I am a little concerned. I do not drink or smoke and the only thing I can put it down to is the Tegretol. I am going to speak to my neurologist next week but it is a bummer if I have to change medications. I don't fancy going through a heap of symptoms again. I have just settled down on the Tegretol. What are your thoughts ?

Wait and see what it show next blood test once you balance out it make be ok. How often are they testing?

I am being tested about every three weeks. First test was 158, second was 205 and the third was 231. I am concerned that it continues to go up even though I have started watching my diet, exercising and taking a natural liver tone supplement recommended to me by my doctor. Actually, I have only just started taking the supplement so it doesn't come into the equation. Thanks for your response.

Try apple cindar vinigar 1 to 2 tablespoons a day it helps the liver. I just put some in ginger ale so it don't taste bad. My liver was acting up once and I did that for a month and went back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom