Epilepsy due to scar tissue

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I dunno it seems kinda odd, but I see everyone talking about taking all your vitamins and diets and this and that. I know that taking vitamins doesn't help or hurt me because my epilepsy is caused my scar tissue. Even though I have t/c's it seems as though my seizure threshold is higher than those whose is genetic. Is that possible? Because its almost as though I can do alot of things that others can't. I can drink alot of caffeine, drink more alcohol, etc. Of course I am on alot of meds, but even when I wasn't, it seemed that way.

vitamins are good for you
I'm still not sure what causes my seizures although I've been trying to pay attention to factors, so at least it's good you seem to have ideas about what is causing yours - but drinking is not healthy
and certainly alcohol while taking a lot of medication is not healthy, at the least for the absorption issues of meds causing imbalances

becareful not to "overmedicate" with vitamins. That may sound silly but it is totally possible to overdose on them and some can be fatal.

While some vitamins, B vitamins for example, are water soluble, and whatever your body doesn't use will just come out in your urine - too much vitamin A for example can cause liver damage, hair loss, blurred vision and headaches. The amount of vitamins your body needs is determined by your height, weight, age, gender, and physical activity. The current multivitamins being sold in stores do not accommodate for these factors.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1065577

Well i don't drink at all anymore, cause I'm in school for Elem. Ed and I do alot of student teaching and I don't wanna go hungover. But I used to be able to get HAMMERED and there were no issues. Not while drunk, or the morning after. So, not sure.......and I didn't know that vitamins really helped me.

well i don't take any vitamins right now. and i'm 6'1,170 so i'm really not too sure how much to take

that is why you should check with your doctor to see if you are lacking in anything. and if eating better will help, or if you should take a supplement.

The number one that I see people overusing is Iron supplements. Everyone thinks they are anemic, but rarely do they actually go and get themselves tested to see, and just take the extra iron anyway.

Back
Top Bottom