epilepsy and Hairdressing.. Your opinions please

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxy

New
Reaction score
Hey, its Roxanne again!
Ive found the right place to post my question, which is about having epilepsy and being a hairdresser.
I would like to persue a career in hairdressing but i really feel my epilepsy is holding me back.
I have the opportunity to start a hairdressing course in June but to be honest im really scared because of my condition.
My friends and family say not to worry but i cant help it! I need to know if there is anybody out there who has epilepsy and is a hairdresser or if anybody knows of anyone who is a hairdresser and has epilepsy...
Id love to hear peoples opinions about it too.. My situation is that i have not had a full seizure since being put on my medication in July 2007 (although i do have what i call 'mini-fits' where i zone out for a few seconds and throw up). I do feel my epilepsy is under control somewhat but i cant help but worry that deciding to do this is wrong.. for all sorts of reasons -most importantly, the health and safety of me and the client.
I mean who would want someone with epilepsy cutting their hair?? Anyone?
I'd really appreciate your thoughts/opinions and information
:ponder:

Since I already replied to your other thread, we'll keep that one open and close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom