Epilepsy Irony!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

350spider

New
Reaction score
Epilepsy has this great way of tossing its hat in the ring at just the wrong time. I've been getting partial complexes breaking through, but I was speaking to my parents the other day, saying how pleased I was that I haven't had a grand mal in over a year. Last night? Grand mal.

:woot: :pfft:

That's one for the win, epilepsy. Your timing is immaculate. Exhausted today and really don't want to work and clean the house. And I have a birthday dinner to go to tonight. Anyone got a blanket I can hide under?! lol

Aww, very sorry to hear this. What is it about this time of year? Do you think there was a particular trigger or was it just a random event?

(Terrific that you went 1 year without a t-c!)

I was two hours later than normal for my meds, so it might have been that. But I've missed meds by mistake before and my Grand Mals haven't come through. Seems my meds might need adjusting anyway, as my partial complexes seem to be coming back atm as well. Hopefully, I can sort it out quickly and 2017 will be seizure free!

I stopped mentioning my seizure history to family since it always seems to jinx me in the end.:paperbag:

Epilepsy has this great way of tossing its hat in the ring at just the wrong time. I've been getting partial complexes breaking through, but I was speaking to my parents the other day, saying how pleased I was that I haven't had a grand mal in over a year. Last night? Grand mal.

:woot: :pfft:

That's one for the win, epilepsy. Your timing is immaculate. Exhausted today and really don't want to work and clean the house. And I have a birthday dinner to go to tonight. Anyone got a blanket I can hide under?! lol

I've lost track about how many times this has happened with me!!!!!!!

Take it as it comes..Christmas and people's expectations stressful that can be trigger

Aw, so sorry to hear. :(

Super pretty icon though! Dressage rider?

Garbo - Ex-riding instructor (still teach now and again). Eventing was my passion, particularly XC and dressage. That's my Friesian X Cob, Roger. Guessing you're a rider yourself!? Happy New Year, and all the best wishes for 2017!

Garbo - Ex-riding instructor (still teach now and again). Eventing was my passion, particularly XC and dressage. That's my Friesian X Cob, Roger. Guessing you're a rider yourself!? Happy New Year, and all the best wishes for 2017!

Awesome! He's super pretty. :)

Yep, I used to do dressage and then I got into jumpers roughly a year ago until I blew my knee out from long distance running. Once I have knee surgery I would really like to get into endurance. I have an old, rescued Peruvian Paso mare that I no longer ride and she's basically a pet. I would love to try XC! Have you had any issues from doing XC and having epilepsy?

Awww, I think Roger will appreciate being called super pretty as it was his 13th birthday the other day (had him since a baby!). I was just looking at some pictures of the Paso - gorgeous breed!

Sorry to hear about your knee! Ouch. I do my XC regardless of my epilepsy (you can fall off doing anything is my theory! lol), but no problems yet - just a whole lot of fun!

Cleaning house,stuff that go have rest the dirt still be there a week from now doing yourself favour 7days work condensed into one win win situation

Roger is a hotty.

Yes, don't jinx yourself. I told my mother about my little seizure last night (Jacksonian March, I think it was). I'm waiting for the hammer to fall.

While I wait, I think I'll listen to Queen and some other '80s music. Joy Division, any one?

Lol. I'm sure Roger will appreciate the sentiment!

Here's hoping everything stays well with you. And I can roll with Joy Division :).

...esp. since Joy Division's lead singer had epilepsy...

Seizures always happen at the worst times. You think that "well I've not had a seizure in awhile" then you will always get hit with these. Or you have a seizure or more than one while you are out. That happens to me countless times.

That one reasons I never make promise be somewhere.When got no choice it plays on my mind it will happen next thing pounding head ache which part and parcel of elilepsy life.

My seizures--especially the Complex Partials--often seem to occur at the oddest time. I've even had many breakthroughs within hours of taking a dose of my medications!

My seizures--especially the Complex Partials--often seem to occur at the oddest time. I've even had many breakthroughs within hours of taking a dose of my medications!

That's happened to me many times after taking meds.

Nothing beats this I have one whilst doing the dead with my then girlfriend.
Full T C we were on holiday and the ambulance was called.

Epic fail. Must've traumatised her for life.
She might be a nun now lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nothing beats this I have one whilst doing the dead with my then girlfriend.
Full T C we were on holiday and the ambulance was called.

Epic fail. Must've traumatised her for life.
She might be a nun now lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have to admit that one does take the cake LOL (The nun part killed me)

Back
Top Bottom