Epilepsy support group meeting

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crystal11

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone. We had our EFA support group meeting for adults with Epilepsy. We plan on having a meeting for family, care-takers and spouse that have a person with seizures living with them. I think it's a good idea since many could benefit from hearing others' experiences and also share ideas. I am both a care giver to my roommate and twin sis who have E. All of us help each other when necessary. It can be stressful though.

Tonight's meeting we shared our stories, what meds we were on, how they effected us for good or bad, what type of seizures we had as well as how long we have had seizures or Epilepsy.
There was one person, older man who was diagnosed last week with Epilepsy. I think I would still be going through a lot emotion and dealings and probably not go to a support group right away. It was already a shock and hard thing to do to begin with for me. It's like a live CWE! Lol
If you're not used to it- it's strange in the beginning but group is worth it. He had courage!

Lots of stories about meds, how they worked and which didn't at all. One person gave meds and dosages lol. He was interested in how others were being treated by their neuros which started a good discussion.

We also spoke about the issue of disclosure at work and school. Some people were more open like me and felt it necessary to share about our E while some who didn't have seizures as often usually didn't. Interesting topic.

Overall group goes well and having a Neuro-surgery nurse leading it great. She knows a lot about E and treatment of cource.

Anyone else attend group meetings for Epilepsy?
If so, how do you like it and do you feel more aware and comfortable about the condition?

Take care everyone
Crystal

Back
Top Bottom