Erectile Problems with Carbamezapine

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So? I started going up and about that time--we're all adults!--I started having trouble masturbating. I am not sexually active, partially because of the epilepsy alas. And I have certain views, in theory at least. Like Dostoyevsky struggled with gambling, I have my own passions. Anyway the problem got better, but can it lower testosterone?

:hugs::mrt::brain:

Carbamazepine can induce SHBG, which binds to testosterone. The more testosterone is bound to SHBG, the less is "free or bioavailable." It is the bioavailable amount that is important. Your total testosterone level may be be great, but if SHBG has it bound up and your bioavailable testosterone is therefore low, then you could notice some issues.

A google search will find you alot of info on this, but here is a link to study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15679699

Back
Top Bottom