Coping With Epilepsy Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Foundation
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 05:37 AM
Venerable Voice of CWE

Keith, even the ancient people had rituals of cleanliness, where they vaguely recognized the value of refraining from parasitic foods unless cooked thoroughly, of keeping types of food separate, so that there is no cross contamination, and for bathing regularly.

Yet seizures were experienced.
Show me the brain/gut connection.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:06 AM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,290 Times in 817 Posts
OK folks. CWE is a very forgiving and open medium for people to discuss ideas, but CWE is foremost a peer support forum. I've gotten too many complaints from members about the discussion in this thread spoiling the waters. I'm going to close it down now.

Keith, I appreciate that you are exploring an idea that might explain a preventable root cause for some forms of epilepsy. I hope you continue in your research and share with us from time to time when you can post something that your most skeptical friends will find enlightening (ie. any claims validly sourced).

For everyone else, please don't get so caught up in dogging on someone that you become blind to the bigger picture. I saw too many comments chastizing Keith as if he was claiming that his idea was "the" answer for all forms of epilepsy. That type of criticism shouldn't discourage people from exploring whether the idea might have some validity for certain cases. Many epilepsy treatments started out with (or maintain) a very narrow focus on the epilepsy spectrum.
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
arnie (09-29-2014), CathyAnn31 (09-29-2014), Formyson2 (09-29-2014), Keith (09-30-2014), MaryK (10-01-2014), Shelley (09-30-2014)
Closed Thread