Feeling 'off' today, should I worry?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CathyAnn31

Big Smile
Reaction score
I'm feeling shaky, headachy and unsteady today. A few times I had to catch myself before falling on the floor.

I've had 2 tonic clonics- one in April and one in Aug, so 4 months apart. Since it's December, maybe I'm due. Or is it just the A months. :p (haven't had any since begining Lamictal XR in Sept.)

I will say I had a few drinks last night with dinner. I am feeling those effects a little today as well. I also know that alcohol lowers the seizure threshhold.

Today I am well hydrated, had lunch and still feel real weird. I don't get any sort of aura so feeling this way really scares me.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Hi CathyAnn,

Sometimes I feel the same way before a seizure - often turns out to be a SP, but sometimes a TC. Sometimes I just feel that way and then nothing happens - my body telling me to get more sleep, etc.

When I feel like you're describing it's usually 50/50 chance of having a seizure for me.

I'd say stay home tonight, take it easy and rest, just in case. Get a really good sleep and hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

Chris

when i get that way it usually means that my blood pressure is low. and i drink coffee and sugar stuff to bring it back up.

Hi Cathy,
We will have to get together again after the holiday.
Are you stressing with extra thinks like shopping, etc?
I know sometimes I think I bring the feeling on if I am worrying if something might happen or if I am stressed. I agree you shouldn't blow it off...take a little more time to rest and if you're still feeling off tomorrow, call your doc
Jenn

Absolutely Jenn!! You and I had so much in common, can't wait to see you again.

I am feeling a little bit better. Hopefully I'll feel even better tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom