Finally I think he is getting it!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pita300

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

Its been a while and i'm sorry. First off just got back from the Epileptolgist and he admitted to me that since my seizures don't seem to be getting better that maybe they could be coming from deep in the brain or other areas where the eeg may not pick up. He left my meds the same but did say that I could be a candidate for another VEEG early next year. My wife asked me to move out so I have a small appartment. I live close enough to every thing that I can walk and don't have to depend on others to take me anywhere. Being on my own does scare my though what if I have a TC the simple partials don't bother me but having a TC home alone scares me! I just try not to let it stress me. Up next is the Neuro psychiatrist and therapist next week. I'll keep you posted.

I live alone, and have had a few tonic-clonics. It's no fun, but I survived, mostly with bumps and bruises, plus one trip to the ER, just to make sure a head injury wasn't serious. At this point I don't worry that much about it.

A few suggestions: Do what you can to "bubble-wrap" your home environment, and consider having a friend or family member call regularly to check in on you. Get to know your neighbors, and possibly your local EMTs. Have a piece of paper handy that lists your seizures and medication, as well as who to call in an emergency.

Stay safe! Sorry you've had to move out on your own.

Back
Top Bottom