Finally sent the medical records & school reports to the Psychologist

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lindinig

New
Reaction score
As soon as the psychologist gets back to me, I'll be setting up my son's first 6 neurofeedback appointments. I'm really excited to see if this will improve some things going on in his head. He's actually excited about it too.

Awesome. Let us know how it goes. :)

This is GREAT!

I've heard it can take awhile for neurofeedback to show a difference. I'm hoping it will be soon - will you let us know how it goes?

I know it can take awhile. I'm willing to do it, especially if the results are permanent. For now, his depakote is keeping the majority of the seizures away. Before I decided to put him back on strattera, he went 3 1/2 months without a seizure. I'm hoping if he gets 3 1/2 months of consistent neurofeedback, we can stretch that timeframe out longer and longer. I just wish a practicioner were closer. I have to drive an hour from my office to home, pick up my son, and drive another 40 minutes to her office for 1/2 hr appt.

Stacy and I used to drive an hour each way (hitting Houston rush hour traffic on the way back) for her 3x weekly appointments. It was a PITA, but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom