focal motor seizures non stop

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vapour

New
Reaction score
past few weeks the jerks..have been persistant. 4th July fireworks landed me in the ER just like it was in march with muscle twitches and my right side jerking constantly... until ativan was given. (2 doses of valium i have for emergencies didnt work)

My meds have been changed. Keppra has been added.

However, since July 4th Ive not been able to be around any stimulation at all without muscle twitches, tingling and then jerking. My neurologist today told me to go to the ER and get neurology down to see me (to be admant about it).

So off I went, and my chart was lost twice (county ER) so I decided to come home.

For me, the fight is over. As of now I have decided to withdraw meds. I want nature to take its course.. if there be any.

Question is, what are the chances of a partial seizure progressing into generalized, and is this painful in anyway.

I decided Im going to do the things i now love, if I may not have chance to do them very much longer. being online is one of them

Hi there --

Hugs to you and hopes that you get relief soon. Please don't give up hope -- there are meds/treatments/supports that can help with your quality of life.

Your neuro should be able to analyze how your meds are working and make changes so that you feel better. However, if you are determined to go off your meds:

1. Tell your neurologist! And be VERY careful! -- slower is better in terms of side effects or risk of addl. seizures.
2. Partial seizures can progress into generalized seizures, but there's no way to predict the odds of that happening to you. (So much is unknown about E, that can be one of the hardest parts.)
3. Generalized seizures involve loss of consciousness. Like fainting, they can be painful or dangerous depending on when and where they happen. If they are tonic-clonic seizures, then the spasming of the muscles can leave you sore. If you are driving, then the consequences are huge for you and others. There are definitely risks involved, and the evaluation of these risks is a personal decision that you should make in consultation with your doc and your loved ones. I've tried to go off my meds several times, under supervision. I have had quite a few tonic-clonics as a result. So far I've avoided serious injury to myself and others, BUT I have gotten hurt or disoriented and gone to the ER a number of times. I dislocated my shoulder twice from seizing, and I just had surgery to repair the damage.

Feel better soon,
Best,
Nakamova

Don't give up please. I don't know if your seizures will progress to generalized seizures or not but I do think that you need to call your neurologist and let him know how you are feeling. Many of the others on this board have some great ideas of lifestyle changes that can help too. But you do need to work very closely with your neurologist on this and, if you aren't comfortable with him, find another one! Good luck!

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation, you're not alone though - I've recently been having seizures as you've described, usually my left side sometimes both. Do you find it frustrating that you're concious while it's happening? I do.. I feel like I should be able to control it, that I'm letting myself down. You should definitely put the pressure on your doctor/neurologist, I think they don't take partial seizures as seriously as they should. Good luck whatever your decisions be!

:e:I bet you are tired to. Its ok to feel the way you feel. Call your dr. and have him admit you into the Hospital. I have had those seizures and they would not stop.I did not quit only because of my son. He has epilepsy to. Please don't quit. I don't want you to. One of us can help direct you to a Dr. there is always a reason to stay alive and move on. Teresa

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulty that you are experiencing. If you do decide to wean yourself of meds, do so slower than even recommended. I think the method that is used by conventional medicine is actually fast, so that you will seize and want to be put back on the drugs.

Work on ways to raise your seizure threshold, and you might be one of the lucky few. I know my daughters seizures reduced over time after she was med free. The drugs actually increased her seizures, and added some very strange ones.

I will be thinking good thoughts for you.

ty.

I was almost hospitalized by an epileptologist on wednesday last week. I found a great one in orange county, one of the best around, and she found epileptic activity in my frontol lobe and temporal lobe... before it was only found in the temporal.

I have been put on better medication, she said I should not have been put on Keppra for what was happening.

I stayed in the rolling hills for a few days just to chill out and get back on my feet.

Much less twitching, nausea (jerking has completly gone) appetite is back, less tingling.

Cannot sit at my PC much though, just wanted to let you guys know I have got some good help and I have hope.

Back
Top Bottom