Generalized seizures under control???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jann75

New
Reaction score
Does anyone out there actually have their seizures under control? If so what does that mean to you (about how often do you have a seizure)? Also, what medications work best for anyone out there (I know that no one can recommend a medicine). I'm just curious of peoples opinions and side effects.

I'm headed to the Dr on Thursday if you cant tell :eek: and worried about what medication he will put me on:ponder:

Thanks in advance for any information

I do. Almost 5 years seizure-free on Lamotrigine (Lamictal). I've only had tonic-clonics, onset out of the blue when I was 35.

Im on Tegeretol and Depakote/Epilim,never had any problems on Tegretol that i aint brought on myself,but i like it side effect wise,as much as you can like an aed.Depakote/Epilim i hate with a passion.Was on it on it's own,countless seizures.So now im back on Tegretol and left on Depakote to.

I find i've put on weight,more tired and sleepy on Depakote i also feel like there is a cloud in my head,but hey thats just my opinions,good luck.

I should add i've only had one tonic in almost 4 years,but still get the odd absence seizure from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom