Genetic Testing from Drug Reactions

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It looks like your doc also would need to have the GeneMedRX software to use the results. Hmmmm...

And it looks like only the following meds are affected:
Valium® (diazepam)
Mesantoin® (mephenytoin)
Solfoton®, Gardenal® (phenobarbitone, phenobarbital)
Dilantin®, Phenytek® (phenytoin)
Mysoline® (primidone)

It looks like the genetic tests test for liver enzyme levels which may affect blood levels of the drug. Can't the doctor also do that by just testing the blood levels directly?

drug reactions

Many of the newer drugs are already being tested for their interaction with liver enzymes. There are other companies doing this as well.
It is something I am keeping an eye on.
I don't have a doc right now and I doubt the free clinic I go to when I finally can get in under the guidelines is gonna do this either. Better to experiment with us Human Guniea Pigs.

http://www.healthanddna.com/documents/Druglist.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom